Esteemed Contributor
We're really getting slammed tonight.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: More Rain For Texas

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sapphiregal    Come on over and visit next door in NM.  We've got sunshine galore.  Actually we may get some of your rain from the Gulf next week which would be a blessed relief from our Exceptional Drought. 

@Kachina624 

I hear you....thought we were headed for a drought this year, ---boy things sure changed... LOTS AND LOTS OF RAIN came our way the last few weeks!!!..It reminds me of the unusual rainy rainy season we had back in July 2002....or maybe this yr's rain totals will surpass the 100 yr flood like in October 1998...

Another severe storm last night--high winds and rains and scary lightning and thunder, I was surprised our power stayed on...And more rain next week...Hmmm...perhaps I need to check into getting a small boat just in case, and I am on the alert watching to see if animals start lining up two by two (what about the critters in your area @MamaWick ?)....Everything is nice and green!!! ..Hope some of this rain gets sent your way KACHINA~ 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt    Eastern NM, especially Roswell, has had hell with severe thunderstorms, rain, hail, tornadoes the past week or so but West of the mountains we haven't even had a cloud in the sky.  Funny there should be such a difference.  We've had two 20 min showers since last fall.  When it rains, everyone runs to the windows to see it. 

Our biggest reservoir, on the Rio Grande, from which Texas also gets some water, is dangerously low.  This is what waters the Chile crop so there may be little, if any, this year.  I've been hoarding some.  We're praying for a good monsoon season (starts July 1st) but it's predicted to be sub-normal. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt All okay with us.   Lots of rain and wind.  Knocked over 2 of 3 trash cans, but otherwise came out of it fine.  Hope all is well with you and our other Texas neighbors. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: More Rain For Texas

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick wrote:

@Spurt All okay with us.   Lots of rain and wind.  Knocked over 2 of 3 trash cans, but otherwise came out of it fine.  Hope all is well with you and our other Texas neighbors. 

@MamaWick 

Glad to hear that.  All okay here.....like you lots of rain, wind, and lightning..I let a poor feral kitty come in and spend the night...(she was part of the feral spay and return program that our COA agreed to)....I make sure she is fed, has her shots and flea treatment)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

We are in severe drought here in Southwest Texas!!  Heard weather guy say the we've had half an inch since January!!   

So dry....farmers are worried and lawns are bare/yellow

because most people don't want to spend the money nor waste the precious water!!