Honored Contributor

Re: More Info On ALL The New Kindles (including the Fire)

I really wish they would have not included the name kindle in their tablet and just left the kindle name to their e-ink readers it would make discussions of comparisons easier.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

On 9/18/2014 jaxs mom said:

I really wish they would have not included the name kindle in their tablet and just left the kindle name to their e-ink readers it would make discussions of comparisons easier.

I totally agree. It gets confusing. It's hard to tell what people actually have if they are asking questions, etc.

Also, when people hear the word "Kindle" they think of a reader rather than a tablet. I think that's why people look down on them as tablets. They don't understand that it is actually a TABLET.

Respected Contributor

On 9/18/2014 PalmTree11 said: I'm disappointed. I lost my original 1st gen Kindle Fire on vacation and have been waiting for this announcement to get a replacement. I guess the 6 in. is the most comparable to what I had, but don't know if I want only a 6 in. screen. That's barely bigger than some cell phones these days! At the same time, I'm not willing to spend $379 on the 8.9in. HDX. I think I may end up getting the 7 or 8 in Samsung Galaxy Tab and downloading the Kindle App.

You need to look at the 7" Kindle HDX. It is a fantastic tablet. It is so much better than the 1st gen Kindle Fire that you had and it is only $199.

I own it and it is really nice.

http://www.amazon.com/kindle-fire-hdx-student-gaming-tablet/dp/B00BWYQ9YE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=14...