Respected Contributor

Re: More Cases Of Harrassment-NFLN Suspends Analysts/Producer

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

I feel women should be free of harrassment but I do think this is getting out of hand.  Just sayin'  Sooner or later this will do MORE HARM TO WOMEN THAN GOOD.  Good thing we have cell phone to avoid any human contact at all.  This is what is is coming down to.  Personally I like the attention and I CAN HANDLE MYSELF WITHOUT TATTLING.  

@bonnielu, I'm rarely speechless, but you got me with this one.

On a rational note, you start with how women should be free of harassment and imply just the opposite in the rest of your comment.

Maybe because I have a daughter and granddaughter that your words offend me? Not sure. They both are very strong females (although the latter is just 12 years old). But there's no way in heck I want to see them or any other people abused, exploited, demeaned or harassed.

There is no going back now. This will not harm women. If any accusations are false or petty, they will pale against the barrage of people who will no longer be silent about such treatment.

@suzyQ3

☝🏻  This. ☝🏻This. ☝🏻This.☝🏻☝🏻Thank you! You have a wonderful way with words!

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Some people don't seem to understand the distinctive, obvious difference between wanted consensual mutual attention and attraction and sexual harassment. I was harassed, it wasn't wanted and it wasn't "attention". It was demeaning and degrading.

@Greeneyedlady21

When I was in college I worked part-time for a big company, and I was given the task to call a client to obtain some additional information we needed for a project, it was a well known local "celebrity".  I was strictly professional in my conversation with him, but he started to "come on" to me....."what are you wearing kinda stuff".....I was really shaken up by the way this guy acted, I managed to gather the info and immediately reported the incident which I considered harrassment.....I guess they liked this celebrity's money and prestige it brought to the company, rather than respect of their employees since they viewed it more as a joke, he's just kidding around kinda thing....well I left that company because I wasnt going to put up with that kind of attitude......I found another job where women were respected....in fact we even had a meeting about harrassment and how it wouldnt be tolerated.....

Oh and it was funny because the "celebrity" ended up being caught up in a scandal, fired from the organization he was involvved with and he ended up moving to another city and another state.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I'm somewhat familiar with the story and haven't read the entire thread.  That said, I understand some (maybe the same guys?) have been let go from ESPN. 

It will be fun watching the networks trying to fill these slots.

Also, I wonder when the guys who call the national games on TV will be hit.

What a world we're living in.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Some people don't seem to understand the distinctive, obvious difference between wanted consensual mutual attention and attraction and sexual harassment. I was harassed, it wasn't wanted and it wasn't "attention". It was demeaning and degrading.

@Greeneyedlady21

When I was in college I worked part-time for a big company, and I was given the task to call a client to obtain some additional information we needed for a project, it was a well known local "celebrity".  I was strictly professional in my conversation with him, but he started to "come on" to me....."what are you wearing kinda stuff".....I was really shaken up by the way this guy acted, I managed to gather the info and immediately reported the incident which I considered harrassment.....I guess they liked this celebrity's money and prestige it brought to the company, rather than respect of their employees since they viewed it more as a joke, he's just kidding around kinda thing....well I left that company because I wasnt going to put up with that kind of attitude......I found another job where women were respected....in fact we even had a meeting about harrassment and how it wouldnt be tolerated.....

Oh and it was funny because the "celebrity" ended up being caught up in a scandal, fired from the organization he was involvved with and he ended up moving to another city and another state.....

It never bothered me terribly if a man "harassed" me.    I know how to speak up for myself and send the message.  I either stopped it or looked for other employment.

But what is totally unacceptable is when employers ignore it and even contribute to it.   That has to stop.

You will never stop a guy who says the wrong thing or is reading the wrong message.    Men are not perfect, they will mis-step.    But corporations know better.

Respected Contributor

Too much testosterone~?

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I'm somewhat familiar with the story and haven't read the entire thread.  That said, I understand some (maybe the same guys?) have been let go from ESPN. 

It will be fun watching the networks trying to fill these slots.

Also, I wonder when the guys who call the national games on TV will be hit.

What a world we're living in.

@esmerelda

From what I read they are suspended pending outcome of the investigation...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”