Honored Contributor

Re: More Cait- Pass if your sick of it

@spud188 wrote:

I am learning quite alot and am hoping these shows will help make people be more open and understanding towards the difference in all of us.

OK.  I'll agree with that as long as both sides adibe by that thought.  I am tired of  people's beliefs and lifestyles being pushed off on everyone else.  People should concentrate on what we all have in common and the world would be a lot better place than having some groups (gender, religious, and political) bullying (and even killing and terrorizing) others to make them believe the same things.  Isn't that the root of the problem?  Intolerence?  And apply that to both sides.  People don't have to LIKE and SUPPORT what others are doing if we just let them alone and let them have their beliefs.  Live and let live.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lacey1 wrote:

I watched the road trip part 1 and 2 last night. It's interesting to say the least. I noticed that Cait gravitated to the prettiest of the tranny girls. I think her name was Candis. Makeup and surgery aside-he is still a man!

She is gravitating towards pretty trannys?  Could someone please explain this because this is confusing lol!  I thought he still liked women?

Edited because I had bolded the wrong part.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it just not a nice comment.

Trusted Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Lacey1 wrote:

I watched the road trip part 1 and 2 last night. It's interesting to say the least. I noticed that Cait gravitated to the prettiest of the tranny girls. I think her name was Candis. Makeup and surgery aside-he is still a man!

She is gravitating towards pretty trannys?  Could someone please explain this because this is confusing lol!  I thought he still liked women?

Well, he still has the complete package as far as dating women..... Makes sense.

Esteemed Contributor

@June2 wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Lacey1 wrote:

Well, he still has the complete package as far as dating women..... Makes sense.

Glad it makes sense to someone because it sure doesn't make sense to me. I don't know of any straight women who'd be attracted to a guy in a dress and heels........

Honored Contributor

Re: More Cait- Pass if you're sick of it

Is anyone else seeing a contradiction between the title and the content of this thread?

"Pass if you're sick of it" implies that if someone is tired of the story or the story's ramifications, then don't read the thread.

But when you open the thread, then there is more disapproval than understanding (not completely, just for the most part) by folks who do seem to be tired of the story. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

Is anyone else seeing a contradiction between the title and the content of this thread?

"Pass if you're sick of it" implies that if someone is tired of the story or the story's ramifications, then don't read the thread.

But when you open the thread, then there is more disapproval than understanding (not completely, just for the most part) by folks who do seem to be tired of the story. 

ITA!

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Classic case of the ones that complain the most are the ones,

Watching.

Every.

Episode!

Not having any issues with the Jenner/Kardashian camp, even I don't watch the shows or read the rags.  

I've always, always, always said....Apathy is their worst enemy.  

Want them to go away? Stop watching & talking about them.  

Simple! 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@spud188 wrote:

I am learning quite alot and am hoping these shows will help make people be more open and understanding towards the difference in all of us.

OK.  I'll agree with that as long as both sides adibe by that thought.  I am tired of  people's beliefs and lifestyles being pushed off on everyone else.  People should concentrate on what we all have in common and the world would be a lot better place than having some groups (gender, religious, and political) bullying (and even killing and terrorizing) others to make them believe the same things.  Isn't that the root of the problem?  Intolerence?  And apply that to both sides.  People don't have to LIKE and SUPPORT what others are doing if we just let them alone and let them have their beliefs.  Live and let live.

@Sooner wrote:

@spud188 wrote:

***Nothing is being pushed on anyone.  If you don't watch the show or read the tabloids this show and the K family is not on the radar anywhere.

I think some follow them and then complain about them because they love the feeling of being "incensed."   If they bother you, I guarantee you it's very easy to avoid them.  Smiley Happy

Also, it's always been interesting to me that whenever society becomes more inclusive, some feel that something is being pushed on them. 

We are all not the same.  No, you don't have to like it.  But by the same token, that doesn't mean that those that are different from you do not have a right to exist and to have a place in society just as you do.  

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

I am watching in hopes of learning more about transgender people/lifestyle. I thought the first episode was good, however I didn't see anything in the 2nd or 3rd episode that helped me in any way. Just seemed like a big dress up party for Cait. I would like the show to make more of an impact statement into the TG lifestyle and their struggles and how they made a succsessful transition.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

There is an analogy I learned a while ago: 

If you are at a restaurant buffet, you pick and choose the things you want on your plate, but you do not go around saying they should take away the blueberry muffins just because you don't like muffins.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.