Trusted Contributor

Re: More Argan Oil On Another Shopping Channel

@nana59------Forgot to mention, the goats are no longer in the picture. GOAT-FREE argan oil is being processed now.---------tedEbear

Respected Contributor

TedEBear, that sounds alot better. Maybe i will hang on to mine. I really don't see were it is a miracle product. Maybe this old skin is just to old to try and make it look 40 again.

Honored Contributor

Because there is only a teeny, tiny, itty, bitty liitle bit of Argon oil in the vast majority of those products.  It's all about the marketing.  You have to listen carefully and READ the ingredients and consider the price to determine if you are buying what the shopping channel (Evine, I presume) wants you to think you are buying.  I know that here at QVC there is product that I think claims to be the real deal but I have never actually watched more than a few minutes of her presentation. 

Honored Contributor

I might somewhat believe the vendor- Morgan- if she had not done so much botox before the show.  My goodness  I have never seen such a smooth shiny face  in a long time.!  That tells me she is just hawking another line that does not preform any better than anything else without "help" and then  she throws out  all these numbers like   " 600% better "    which means NOTHING.  Seriously  600% BETTER? LOL!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree you are so right, it's all about marketing.  I've been using 100% pure, cold pressed Argan oil for nearly 10 years, and not from the brand on QVC or other home shopping networks.  In fact, the brand I use is half the cost and the company contributes to the economic stability of the indigenous workers that create this natural product. Her story of "I discovered Argan oil..." only means that's when she found out about it, not that she brought it to retail.  Congrats to her marketing team.

Esteemed Contributor

OP's question is exactly what I've been thinking and laughing about for years.  Amazon sells for $19.  Personally I don't believe any of these QVC stories - including the Japanese 'G" girl cosmetics.  All smoke and mirrors and they make millions because we buy the story and the products. 

Respected Contributor

I've never watched the presentations, but I have heard them repeated & joked about here on the forun, so I guess I get the gist of it. I do use JM products. I have very picky skin that just explodes in break outs from so many products. JM products work for my skin. I did buy a container of pure oil from a company that I saw mentioned. I only use it as makeup remover. It works fine for that, but I don't know if I would buy that brand, again. It does smell like a dirty goat pen. I don't think I could leave it on my face. I have tried to use other oils on my face, but had problems. So I am glad that Argan Oil & the products made with it are available. They work for my skin. 

Honored Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

@nana59-----Is your electric on now, is your weather bad?   I just looked up info about Argan Oil.  You dip your toast in it at breakfast  or drizzle it over couscous.  Goats climb the trees and eat the nuts (the tree nuts) and poo and then processed.    How much argan do you use on your face?

Enjoy your oil.--tedEbear

I read an article the other day that said that was the 'traditional' way the natives processed it into oil, but in today's world it's done by automation.

It reminds me of the super expensive coffee that is eaten by some kind of animal, pooed and then the beans are ground, to this day. (Can't think of the name of it)

EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

Marshll's/ TJX have Aragan Oil fir $6.00 fir 3 ounces.  So not all created equally.  I bought it at the Q.  It did not absorb into my skin.  Yes, I used a small amount.  Tried it at TJX, no difference.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains link to another retail site.