Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde and Cherry-et al, I miss you, want to come back again!

I miss you so much-all the wonderful discussions we had, but I have really been through the mill.....@Moonchilde, I have been through not just the misinformed thing, but herniated disks too.... I am doing so much better now....but I want to rejoin the community here again-and reconnect...

I love you and so many others-I just want to reconnect again. I just want to be reconnected again....

Cherry, I know you have been through so much with your husband...I hope he is doing well, and your faith has always inspired me...

@ Moonchilde, your Faith and knowledge has always inspired me as well....and now that I am being hit with misinformed and herniated discs-I can't even imagine how you dealt with it-and being on the computer at the same time...I miss you two so much.....please, if we can "reconnect", I would love that.

Love you,.Poodlepet2,

Lesleigh

Respected Contributor

Re: @Moonchilde and Cherry-et al, I miss you, want to come back again!

Nah, I am not on my IPad, but I wanted to say, "pisiformis" -not misinformed!

Honored Contributor

Hi, @Poodlepet2, delighted to see you!  You are such an asset to any discussion board!

Very sorry to hear of your medical challenges, but glad you are feeling a bit better now.

Take care, and "stick around, kid"!

Honored Contributor

Hi, @Poodlepet2, and hugs to you!

Ohhh...piriformis - can be soooo painful. And I can see it being misdiagnosed if the doctor doesn’t see it often, or never has. I only discovered it’s what I might have while waiting to get in to see my doctor. I think I googled (literally) “pain in the butt” and after reading, thought “bingo!” I asked my physical therapist and he agreed (though I had other muscle issues as well - stuck with those forever I guess as PT did nothing for them). I do okay except for rolling over in bed - that is a permanent PIT* for me ;-(

Hope you’re feeling better soon! We have missed you!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

So nice to see you posting again. I hope you are feeling better

Now if we can find @Noel7 I will consider it a Christmas gift for the board

Respected Contributor

@cherry and @Moonchilde, when did Noel7 drop out? I know she suffered this summer, and it sounds as if there is another loss of the marine layer again tied to Santa Ana winds....

I often think of @house_cat in LA...My heart just breaks for this country and all of the meteorological events....and I don't want this post to be deleted, but if I say among "other things" you know what I am talking about.

@Moonchilde and @cherry, I have not been laying around exactly, but @Moonchilde, I don't know how you lived through the pisiformis situation-horrible on its own, but I have been compounded with herniated disks and nerve swelling.....

Thankfully, that is going down with prednisone-and @Moonchilde, I am so grateful for carotenoids.....

I am so grateful for you both in my life-and @ Trinity11, thank you both so much for reaching out to me again....

@Oznell, Peace to you dear friend...

There are so many I want to reach out to-you have all been such an integral part of my life.

Love and Peace,

Poodlepet2 ( Lesleigh)

Honored Contributor

hi @Poodlepet2 - just about to go out and saw your post.

I’ve definitely had my ups and downs physically. I go out, but I can’t stand or walk more than 30 min without being in pain, so there are a lot of things I’d like to do that I know I just can’t, however much I want to - I just have to pass them up.

I just felt like getting on the scale today, and am almost at a  milestone that, when hit, will give me a mental boost. I have lost 38 lbs in the past year and a half, but not by dieting, by just not eating because I didn’t feel like eating due to various physical issues (not my back). The consequence of that is I only eat half as much in quantity as I used to (and I’ve never been a big eater to start with), and most of my sweet craving is gone - something I never thought I’d say! I still eat sweet things but am no longer a slave to them mentally.

Noel7 has been sick and was in the hospital with flu. She’s posting, but not much. She could be the same as me - not a lot in the forums I want to participate in lately. I’m here but not posting as much. 

I hope your meds start to really kick in and help. I know that any type of back pain is NO FUN ☹️

hugs to you

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Hi, @Poodlepet2, and hugs to you!

Ohhh...piriformis - can be soooo painful. And I can see it being misdiagnosed if the doctor doesn’t see it often, or never has. I only discovered it’s what I might have while waiting to get in to see my doctor. I think I googled (literally) “pain in the butt” and after reading, thought “bingo!” I asked my physical therapist and he agreed (though I had other muscle issues as well - stuck with those forever I guess as PT did nothing for them). I do okay except for rolling over in bed - that is a permanent PIT* for me ;-(

Hope you’re feeling better soon! We have missed you!

@    @Moonchilde <_______________________________!

@  I had some relief that you could 'explain' just that much to @Poodlepet2 in reference to the pain having piriformis. 

@Since I am not here every day, I learn different pain situation by chance. @Moonchilde, you are very correct in saying 'so much pain' from this, and yes the muscles are very closely connected with other types of pain, also.

As Poddlepet2 had stated, ..also.. a herniated disc, the pain is multiplied that much greater.

I have seen patients {{being}} in so much pain__ from just the pirformis__, they can not even tolerate any type of physical therapy, which I DO have -not as "A" great faith - in as others do, when there is impingement, too. 

I am posting several others that are having a difficult time, as soon as I can spread my time out, without any interruptions,

@Stormy, @Hope2017, and a message to @BohemianGal.

There are several others that I try to be in contact with twice through the week. 

Moonchilde, hope that you are having a pretty decent day.

@Sending a Heart for your help contacting @Stormygirl, and the feed back where I can casually be in touch. This has been a horrific year for so many. 

@        Woman Happy Hello to you @Poodlepet2 and @cherryHeart

NAES

December 2017

Esteemed Contributor

@Poodlepet2 - Good to see you back again. Hope you get some relief soon.

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde, I am kind of in the situation you are in-you just don't feel like eating. Being diabetics, that is not a good thing either...

I have no answers: I have always tried to be positive.....every time I am on prednisone and in pain, it's a different story.....

This time, sweating was the story-and miraculously, my appetite was down.....I lost more weight-which I didn't need to do, but darn, I have the "moon" face, and I can see the "buffalo" hump on my back...

On the bright side? I am sitting here communicating with the outside world again! Small victory for me, but I can do little things now like emptying the dishwasher....cleaning up after my fur babies...not being so afraid to take a shower by myself....yes, I have a Life Alert, but I just felt/feel safer having an adult around......

I am getting stronger and better each day, but right now, I am just so thankful that I can communicate again with people who really matter to me-I am so thankful that I can just sit up and move with more fluid movement.

I love you guys-and I so appreciate that you are understanding, trying to understand where I am coming from.

I do not want to take on the "pity me" attitude-not what I am about...but I certainly appreciate the acceptance and love.

Love,

Poodlepet2,

(Lesleigh)