Esteemed Contributor

Re: Moon Landing - 50 years ago today - where were you?

My parents were newly weds, and I wasn't even a twinkle.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

I was in college at the time....it was my boyfriend's birthday so we were parked somewhere and listened to it on the radio in his car. It was unbelievable - It was so hard imagining that we had landed on the moon! He and I kept looking at the moon overhead and just shaking our heads at what an accomplishment it was. Truly amazing, and I'll never forget hearing those words: "One giant step....."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was in my 4th grade class. The teacher rolled in a tv and set it up at the front of the classroom. We all were able to get up from our desks and gather close to the tv.

I remember it all as if it was just yesterday Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

It was later in the evening, and we were all in the living room watching it on tv.  As it was televised, I remember looking out the window up at the moon and being amazed that someone that very minute was walking up there.  I definitely felt the importance of what a historical moment it was.  I was 15.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mother and I were watching the television in our family room.  I was nine years old. She usually watched "As the World Turns." I asked her why her regular show wasn't on and she told me this was going to be a very important historical event.  Then, I sat and watched with her!  

Mother knows best!  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Working as a secretary in Canoga Park, California.  My boss was great to work for and he hooked up a TV set in the conference room where a group of us sat and watched the proceedings.  It is one of many things I am grateful to have witnessed in my lifetime.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

This is terrible, but I don’t remember. I’m sure I was watching on tv, but I have no recollection.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

I was 21 and living in Santa Barbara with my husband.  We were stunned!  After the broadcast finished we walked out into the street and all the neighbors had also walked out..we began talking.  Today we would get on our cell phones or computers!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember my parents getting us out of bed to watch on tv

I must have been 10

what time was it?        

I think it was at night, some posts sound it was during the day

Honored Contributor

I was 3.  My guess is I was running around the house in a little ruffle dress looking, oh so cute!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.