Esteemed Contributor

Monster Movies When You Were Little

I don't watch horror movies like they make today; I don't like violence and gore. I love the old black and white monster movies from the '50s and thereabouts.

I saw this freaky movie one time called "Fiend Without a Face." It was a brain and spinal cord that flew through the air and attached itself to the back of your neck - whereupon it would sukk YOUR brain and spinal cord out!

Then...there was, "The Brain that Wouldn't Die," Jason Evers is a MD who keeps his love's severed head alive in a pan!

Super Contributor

Re: Monster Movies When You Were Little

I like the old Val Lewton films - Cat People, The Seventh Victim, The Leopard Man. I think they were early 40's, and all black and white of course. If I'm not mistaken, I think The Seventh Victim was Kim Hunter's first film. I also like the original King Kong.

Esteemed Contributor

I have Cat People and Curse of the Cat People on our DVR.

Incredible Shrinking Man was kind of scary to me when I saw it.....

Respected Contributor

I couldn't even stand ""The Twilight Zone."" Didn't like horror movies and every one else in my family loved them. I learned to close my eyes at the movies.

Respected Contributor

Not monster movies, but I watched the movies "Bunny Lake is Missing" and "The Other" every time they were on, even though they scared me terribly. I came across The Other a few years ago. There was so much I didn't remember - well it was 40 years ago! - and it still was creepy.
Super Contributor

Anyone watch the Saturday night show Svenghoulie (sp?) on MeTV? Almost all of the movies featured are classic black and whites, particularly the old Universal monsters.

Honored Contributor

THIS freaked me out when I was little!!!

Honored Contributor

Remember the Friday night ""Creature Feature""?

Honored Contributor

The Fly!

The Blob!

There was one with giant ants that I remember seeing and I had a very high fever (had to be put in a cool bath every couple of hours). I was too sick to get out of bed and turn the darn channel and it was freaking me out!!

The Wizard of Oz freaked me out!

There was the Asian ones where a giant reptiles and bugs would emerge out of the ocean and stomp through cities and the voice-overs alone were a night mare!

Respected Contributor

On 4/5/2015 Lucky charm said:

The Fly!

The Blob!

There was one with giant ants that I remember seeing and I had a very high fever (had to be put in a cool bath every couple of hours). I was too sick to get out of bed and turn the darn channel and it was freaking me out!!

The Wizard of Oz freaked me out!

There was the Asian ones where a giant reptiles and bugs would emerge out of the ocean and stomp through cities and the voice-overs alone were a night mare!

Me, too! Still HATE those flying monkeys. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Wasn't there a movie called The Crawling Eye??