Esteemed Contributor

Re: Moms on phone ignoring child.

@RoughDraft   Guess what, when I worked I would go from Dr. office and pharmacy back to work.  I take my antibiotic for my sinus infection when I got there.  And I worked  In a brightly lit office in front of a computer screen no less.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I didn't say a word about that @bobby5 . The fact of the matter is I see more nasty cracks bout kiddies and mothers around here, than many people have had hot dinners

It is terrible to show such animosities toward children. We get the whole magilla from people complaining because a child asks for help, when it was their job to help them, to posts that make me really wonder how people   can say, and do ,the type of thing they feel is perfectly fine ,in situations that are neither life threatening nor dangerous

I am not talking about juvenile delinquents, I am talking about children, just being children

@cherry   Gads.  I remember that one. 

The little boy in this story was about 2 years of age, according to the OP. 

I agree a little bit of compassion for this wee one would have been the route to take.

We don't know why the mom was on her phone, either.

I also agree that there are parents so engrossed with their phones that children are ignored.

However, a 2 year old is a 2 year old.  Taking a moment to talk to the wee one could have meant much to him; we just don't know how well he is taken care of or how much attention he never receives.

I always smile and give a little wave to children.  Some smile and wave back; some are just shy and look at me like "whaaaa???"  LOL

Are there lazy parents? Absolutely.  Are there kids who get out of control in public?

Absolutely.  Are there adults with no manners who are annoying?  Absolutely.

This little boy did no harm.  Speculating that he could have broken somebody's glasses or a window or whatever is just that..........speculation.

It happened, and now it's over with no harm done.

@Cakers3 

He was throwing a metal toy...so I guess if the toy hit her, she was supposed to ignore her injury and wave and smile...🙄

@Spurt   Oh come on for pity sake. 

First, you are "supposing" about a situation that didn't happen.

She DID talk to the wee one and said not to throw his toy.  The receptionist stepped in.

Situation handle, and over. 

Yeesh.  Talk about taking this out into the stratosphere.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

Not your circus, not your monkeys, not your business. People need to take care of themselves and their own business, not anyone else's. But then again, it makes some people feel superior and better about themselves to put down others without a clue as to what is going on with them and simply forming generalizations.

@reiki604 

What if the parents AREN'T taking care of their children, and their child is doing something that impacts others and someone could get injured it becomes EVERYONE'S PROBLEM because parents aren't accepting REPSONSIBLITY!!!

You are talking what ifs, not the facts presented. What you are discussing is an entirely different conversation.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@cherry , I always agree with what you say. My mom would say, ¨that lady has a lot of sense¨.

I´m glad we aren´t allotted a certain amount of hearts weekly.

Honored Contributor

I don't hate kids', I had a little kid once- he's now 48... He wasn't allowed to run around when we went into public places.

This thread reminds me of instances in restuarants with the adults sitting at the table talking while the wee ones are running in and around tables, where other's are trying to eat- now that I take issue with and don't have a problem asking to move to another table, if possible..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I didn't say a word about that @bobby5 . The fact of the matter is I see more nasty cracks bout kiddies and mothers around here, than many people have had hot dinners

It is terrible to show such animosities toward children. We get the whole magilla from people complaining because a child asks for help, when it was their job to help them, to posts that make me really wonder how people   can say, and do ,the type of thing they feel is perfectly fine ,in situations that are neither life threatening nor dangerous

I am not talking about juvenile delinquents, I am talking about children, just being children

@cherry   Gads.  I remember that one. 

The little boy in this story was about 2 years of age, according to the OP. 

I agree a little bit of compassion for this wee one would have been the route to take.

We don't know why the mom was on her phone, either.

I also agree that there are parents so engrossed with their phones that children are ignored.

However, a 2 year old is a 2 year old.  Taking a moment to talk to the wee one could have meant much to him; we just don't know how well he is taken care of or how much attention he never receives.

I always smile and give a little wave to children.  Some smile and wave back; some are just shy and look at me like "whaaaa???"  LOL

Are there lazy parents? Absolutely.  Are there kids who get out of control in public?

Absolutely.  Are there adults with no manners who are annoying?  Absolutely.

This little boy did no harm.  Speculating that he could have broken somebody's glasses or a window or whatever is just that..........speculation.

It happened, and now it's over with no harm done.

@Cakers3 

He was throwing a metal toy...so I guess if the toy hit her, she was supposed to ignore her injury and wave and smile...🙄

@Spurt   Oh come on for pity sake. 

First, you are "supposing" about a situation that didn't happen.

She DID talk to the wee one and said not to throw his toy.  The receptionist stepped in.

Situation handle, and over. 

Yeesh.  Talk about taking this out into the stratosphere.

The next turn I expect this to take is "What if the toy had hit her in the head, knocked her unconscious and had put her in to a coma?!?"

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@bobby5 wrote:
But @cherry, disciplining children doesn't mean you don't love them. In fact, quite the opposite. Kids need & even want boundaries. It's a lot easier to be on your phone than to put it down, walk over to your child, pick him up, put him on your lap, and explain to him why throwing things inside is not an acceptable behavior.

@bobby5, you are so right. Hard for me to believe some of  the crazy things I read here. It is interesting seeing how they brag about their own children, when I see such a poster with no humility I know all I need to know about them.

@RetRN  @bobby5 

It's the sad state of today's world--everyone makes  excuses and few people accept responsibility anymore for themselves or their childrens actions ....."responsibility" should be stricken from the dictionary...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 , stop it lol. Ok. now I have to stop laughing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819   I was not concerned about my head as much as it hitting my glasses and breaking them.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@bobby5 wrote:
But @cherry, disciplining children doesn't mean you don't love them. In fact, quite the opposite. Kids need & even want boundaries. It's a lot easier to be on your phone than to put it down, walk over to your child, pick him up, put him on your lap, and explain to him why throwing things inside is not an acceptable behavior.

@bobby5, you are so right. Hard for me to believe some of  the crazy things I read here. It is interesting seeing how they brag about their own children, when I see such a poster with no humility I know all I need to know about them.

@RetRN  @bobby5 

It's the sad state of today's world--everyone makes  excuses and few people accept responsibility anymore for themselves or their childrens actions ....."responsibility" should be stricken from the dictionary...

@Spurt   I don't believe anybody is making excuses.  You are making all kinds of suppostions that didn't happen and will never be proven.

Nobody is saying children should run around unsupervised.  Yet sometimes a TWO-YEAR OLD may just slip by and throw a toy.

You might think he was out to maim and kill already.

You have a very negative perception of people and the "state of today's world" and assume the worst.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh