Esteemed Contributor

Re: Moms on phone ignoring child.

@CLHS68 wrote:

I think you were cranky because you did not feel good. Mind your own business. The child was just playing & I am sure a small toy would not do much damage.

This my fellow posters is why the world is in the state it is today. The OP, and glass windows are targeted by a small child with a metal toy, and his mother is busy gabbing on a cell phone. Now @CLHS68 decides the OP is cranky, and the metal toy won't do any damage, so mind your business. I just don't get how anyone with a reasonable mind could post such nonsense.

Trusted Contributor

@Retired Legal Secretary

Let me say it again. I'm with you 100%.
Honored Contributor

Well, La-di-dah

Esteemed Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

Not your circus, not your monkeys, not your business. People need to take care of themselves and their own business, not anyone else's. But then again, it makes some people feel superior and better about themselves to put down others without a clue as to what is going on with them and simply forming generalizations.

It is her circus, and her monkey, and her business when she has to dodge a metal toy. She did not put the mother down, she simply stated a fact the mother was busy engaged in a conversation, so a receptionist had to discipline her child. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bobby5 wrote:
@Retired Legal Secretary

Let me say it again. I'm with you 100%.

Many of us are, but if you say it the haters out here come at you in full force.

Lots of not so reasonable minds out here. 

Honored Contributor

-I have seen so many people make such  awful remarks about tots ,that aren't trying to hurt anyone. A child at that age hasn't the ability to reason, they just act. sometimes they even act out

I can't imagine a world devoid of children. Sometime I despair, about the attitude toward little people. I would have played with him for  a minute or 2. He probably wanted you to notice him. If I were too sick to do that, I would have just moved to another chair

Trusted Contributor

@RetRN

Thanks for that. I'm new to the boards this year & I have to learn to bite my tongue. If I don't, the haters will🤐
Honored Contributor

@bobby5  before you decide people are haters ,I suggest you observe the lay of the land around here

I see children constantly picked at, and on ,frequently here

Esteemed Contributor

It's funny how when someone doesn't agree with a certain viewpoint, that they are automatically labled as a "hater".

Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

While I did not feel good at all I was not cranky.  Had I been cranky I would have taken the toy to Mom and told I didn't appreciate her little guy playing dodge ball with my head.  It was not a chintzy toy it was a well made metal toy. I didn't do that.

If people think it's ok for their kids to throw something at someone have at it.  I didn't let my kids throw anything at me and it wasn't acceptable to do it to anyone else.  That doesn't make me a better Mother it means I didn't give my kids permission to do whatever they wanted even at an early age.