Respected Contributor

Re: Moms on phone ignoring child.

@pitdakota wrote:

All I can say is that if that had been me in the waiting room, I would have probably pulled out my phone to start reading to pass the time while I waited.  Just not something that would have upset me in the least. 

@pitdakota  Long time no see friend. 

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@pitdakota   My cell phone is not an extension of my hand. I go days and don't even touch it.  It wasn't charged which is  normal plus I didn't even get a data paln.  No internet, no need.  I can go an hour and not be teathered to the world.  I figure if the worlds ending when I get in my car and turn on the radio I'll find out.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Travone   I know what my kids were like when they didn't feel well. This little guy was full of energy.  No matter what Mom was doing it would have taken 5 seconds to take the toy he was throwing.  

What if he hit someone in the face with the metal toy or broke someone's glasses? 

This isn't the first time I've seen kids running around unsupervised while the parents had their heads buried in a phone.

Yes I ageee, her priority at the moment is her kid, no matter what else is going on.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@pitdakota   My cell phone is not an extension of my hand. I go days and don't even touch it.  It wasn't charged which is  normal plus I didn't even get a data paln.  No internet, no need.  I can go an hour and not be teathered to the world.  I figure if the worlds ending when I get in my car and turn on the radio I'll find out.

That is wonderful if that works for you, most people need to be accessable to others in this life.  Projecting your view of what is appropiate on others is wrong. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy   I said for an hour I could be out of touch.  MY daughter knew I was at the Dr.  If there was an emergency she could call there. I went to pharmacy and then home.

What did people do before cell phones?  They waited until they got home or found a pay phone. I'm not saying cell phones don't have a place in someome's life, but when that device in their hand is their life it's a different story.

I only got a cell phone when my Mom was sick.  She was almost 100 miles away and I would go see her after work and come home.  She had a fit.  What if you break down, get a flat etc?  Simple, I called home and said I was leaving and if I'm not home in x amount of time, come looking.  The kicker was I couldn't get cell service 80% of the way to her house. I got it so I didn't have to hear about it.

QVC Customer Care

***closed for commenting***