Esteemed Contributor

Re: Moms on phone ignoring child.

[ Edited ]

@MorningLover , he could have also had a rubber ducky. Haven´t seen a kid now a days with one of those toys you are talking about.

Yea, metal toys? wow. Yea so outdated. Kids have moved on

Respected Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@MorningLover , he could have also had a rubber ducky. Haven´t seen a kid now a days with one of those toys you are talking about.

Yea, metal toys? wow. Yea so outdated. Kids have moved on

Don't think so ! 

Related image

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

No one has any idea what was going on with that mother. What if she had learned she had breast cancer, or someone in her family was dying..Just because  you saw one situation means nothing... deciding she is a bad person, or bad mother, from one incident is not  a valid picture

Some people just don't like other people, and they won't give them a break, they would rather belittle them

@cherry 

Oh I see...so its OKAY for you to make all kinds of assumptions.....  but suggesting that a mother take preventive action that isn't allowed.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Mob mentality is an ugly thing.  Some of you come out with your pitch forks and torches ,already to lynch her ,because one person told her a tidbit..You decide she is a terrible person ,unfit mother, and then go into tirades about everyone. Not  one  angry  person thought about what might be going on with her, you were just ready to decide she was a terrible mother, and there was no excuse for her to behave the way she did. what if she is dying, and is trying to  decide how she is going to handle  things. What if the child has no father and she is it?

How fair is that? I am glad some of you don't live near me

Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3

I don't get it. I really don't. I feel like I'm going around in circles. So I'll let this one go & agree to disagree.
Esteemed Contributor

@MorningLover , let´s just say that I´m glad he missed and didn´t hit the OP with whatever he tossed across the waiting room.

Esteemed Contributor

It´s so good that we can have a conversation without it gettting out of hand and having the Moderators intervene, Let´s keep it up.

Respected Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

The receptionist took care of the situation as she should have.

Funny how people see a situation for 15 min and know what happens 24/7 in someones life.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Judge not lest you be judged I guess.  When my boys were little, smart phones were not around.  That said, I'm pretty sure if one of my boys was throwing a metal truck at people and windows, I would have taken action.  Kids will be kids but parents need to be parents. 

I generally agree, but I also never know what someone else is dealing with.

A few weeks ago, I was in a fast food place on a lunch break. A woman came in and started FaceTiming in the restaurant, which I absolutely hate. I mean, I really hate that. Get headphones, go outside, whatever. Don't bother everyone else.

But then I hear that she's also on her lunch break and she's using the time to talk with elderly mom's nurse trying to make arrangements for mom to come live with her because she has dementia and can no longer stay home. None of her family members were helpful, based on the other calls.

So you know what? God bless that woman and I'm going to be a little less worried about how she interruped my lunch because she's caring for two kids of her own, working a regular job, and now adding an elderly mother with dementia to her home.

My problem with loud calls in public can take a back seat for an hour.

So yeah, the kid could have been better behaved and she could have been more attentive, but I don't know what was holding her attention on that phone and we could probably all cut each other a little more slack sometimes.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I had to run to Dr. first thing this am due to a ripping sinus infection I developed over the weekend.  I abhor going to the Dr. in the first place and I felt horrible to boot.

There was a woman I guess late 20's and she had the cutest little boy about 2 or so with her.  Only us and 1 other man in the waiting room.  I went to the far end of the room and picked up a magazine.  The little boy came over and I said hello.  He had a little metal toy and he winged it in my direction. I guess he's version of catch. I picked it up and handed it back and said Oh, honey, don't throw it you might hit someone or hit the window.  There is a wall of windows behind where I was.  Yeah, that didn't work.  I looked at Mom and her nose was in her phone. The receptionist was watching this.  She and I have known each other for years and we gave each other the look. He did it again and it hit the window. Mom looked up and said Mason don't do that and back to the phone

The receptionist came out and called the Mom by name and said Mason needed to stop throwing this toy.

Yes, I could have said something but I didn't feel good and I knew whatever I said was not going to be pleasant. Best to keep my trap shut. What I really wanted was to grab that blessed phone and throw it in the parking lot.

I never let my kids bother other people when we went somewhere. I feel bad for the little guy.  Mom probably pays more attention to her phone than to him.

IT A with you. People today don,t pay attention to what is around them she. Walking or kids.  Have seen this time and again. Maybe she was on the phone for something urgent, but most of the time they ignore their kids because texting is more IMPORTANT.

I can't help but laugh when we start with the "People today" or the "Kids today" stuff.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Alison Wonderland , you are so right, We never know and I always try my best not to judge other people.