Trusted Contributor

Re: Moms on phone ignoring child.

@Spurt

I was just going to say that! This is all about responsibility...nothing more, nothing less.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@RoughDraft   Guess what, when I worked I would go from Dr. office and pharmacy back to work.  I take my antibiotic for my sinus infection when I got there.  And I worked  In a brightly lit office in front of a computer screen no less.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   As I stated in my post, I was speaking only for myself, so  I don't have to "guess what."  I used  to work with migraines.  Doesn't say anything about my character.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@bobby5 wrote:
But @cherry, disciplining children doesn't mean you don't love them. In fact, quite the opposite. Kids need & even want boundaries. It's a lot easier to be on your phone than to put it down, walk over to your child, pick him up, put him on your lap, and explain to him why throwing things inside is not an acceptable behavior.

@bobby5, you are so right. Hard for me to believe some of  the crazy things I read here. It is interesting seeing how they brag about their own children, when I see such a poster with no humility I know all I need to know about them.

@RetRN  @bobby5 

It's the sad state of today's world--everyone makes  excuses and few people accept responsibility anymore for themselves or their childrens actions ....."responsibility" should be stricken from the dictionary...

@Spurt   I don't believe anybody is making excuses.  You are making all kinds of suppostions that didn't happen and will never be proven.

Nobody is saying children should run around unsupervised.  Yet sometimes a TWO-YEAR OLD may just slip by and throw a toy.

You might think he was out to maim and kill already.

You have a very negative perception of people and the "state of today's world" and assume the worst.

@Cakers3  @Anonymous032819 

So I guess you never heard the saying:

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. A little precaution before a crisis occurs is preferable to a lot of fixing up afterward. (See also A stitch in time saves nine.)

As for the state of today's world---

All you have to do is read these forums, and talk to a few teachers.....and turn on the news...Its not unicorns and lollipops....
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@bobby5 wrote:
But @cherry, disciplining children doesn't mean you don't love them. In fact, quite the opposite. Kids need & even want boundaries. It's a lot easier to be on your phone than to put it down, walk over to your child, pick him up, put him on your lap, and explain to him why throwing things inside is not an acceptable behavior.

@bobby5, you are so right. Hard for me to believe some of  the crazy things I read here. It is interesting seeing how they brag about their own children, when I see such a poster with no humility I know all I need to know about them.

@RetRN  @bobby5 

It's the sad state of today's world--everyone makes  excuses and few people accept responsibility anymore for themselves or their childrens actions ....."responsibility" should be stricken from the dictionary...

@Spurt   I don't believe anybody is making excuses.  You are making all kinds of suppostions that didn't happen and will never be proven.

Nobody is saying children should run around unsupervised.  Yet sometimes a TWO-YEAR OLD may just slip by and throw a toy.

You have a very negative perception of people and the "state of today's world" and assume the worst.

@Cakers3 

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. A little precaution before a crisis occurs is preferable to a lot of fixing up afterward. (See also A stitch in time saves nine.)

@Spurt   You "stitch in time" to save clothing.  We are not talking about sewing here.

It doesn't matter if the mom was on the phone or not.  It takes absolutely seconds for a child to throw a toy or get up out of line or whatever.

We can be the best parents in the world and "stuff" can still happen.  So unless you know this mom personally, your suppositions are still nonsense.

End of the line. 

It happens.  HE IS TWO,  NOT THIRTY.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@bobby5 wrote:

@RetRN  @bobby5 

@Cakers3 

@Spurt   You "stitch in time" to save clothing.  We are not talking about sewing here.

It doesn't matter if the mom was on the phone or not.  It takes absolutely seconds for a child to throw a toy or get up out of line or whatever.

We can be the best parents in the world and "stuff" can still happen.  So unless you know this mom personally, your suppositions are still nonsense.

End of the line. 

@Cakers3 

And your tag line says a lot about your perception of people:

" Don't back down yet. It'll get brighter. Stand your ground like a veteran fighter." -Joe Pug

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@bobby5 wrote:

@RetRN  @bobby5 

@Cakers3 

End of the line. 

But @Cakers3  one day he will be thirty, and he'll be a mass serial killer all because of this one day, where he threw a toy truck at a doctor's office, while his mother was on the phone!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Why not bring back the workhouses? show them a thing or 2 ..that will fix them won't it?

Haim Ginott would be turning in his grave, if he could hear this stuff

Respected Contributor

Image result for two year old children

Let's just take a second to remind ourselves who two year olds are.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@bobby5 wrote:

@RetRN  @bobby5 

@Cakers3 

End of the line. 

@Cakers3 

And your tag line says a lot about your perception of people:

" Don't back down yet. It'll get brighter. Stand your ground like a veteran fighter." -Joe Pug

@Spurt   OMG do you even KNOW Joe Pug and his song????  It has nothing to do with this thread and my "perception" of  people.

ROTFLMFBO!!

Thanks for the laugh!!!

Here ya go-let the bone go already.  LMAO

Image result for dog with bone gif

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I have come to a frightening conclusion.

I am the decisive element in the classroom. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher I possess tremendous power to make a child's life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated, and a child humanized or de-humanized[6]