Honored Contributor

This poor guy can’t get a word in on this conversation.

Whoops!  His time’s up!  He must feel like his head is spinning!

In our family talking over someone else is a real no no.

QVC people do it all of the time.  I’ve said it before, it is so sad to see all of this food wasted.

Honored Contributor

With certain hosts this is a constant issue, interruptng , monopolizing the presentation, asking the vendor to talk about the product and then cutting in with the excuse to let everyone know thousands are being sold.  It is rude, unprofessional and time for me to shop on the Q site which is what I do.  While the Q may think these hosts are selling items with their tiresome selling points and comments, they are not selling to me.  

Honored Contributor

I think the hosts are pushed for time.  I don't feel they do it on purpose.

Respected Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

With certain hosts this is a constant issue, interruptng , monopolizing the presentation, asking the vendor to talk about the product and then cutting in with the excuse to let everyone know thousands are being sold.  It is rude, unprofessional and time for me to shop on the Q site which is what I do.  While the Q may think these hosts are selling items with their tiresome selling points and comments, they are not selling to me.  

I couldn't agree more and don't like it either--the constant interrupting when vendor tries to speak about their product.  It's annoying especially when it's to give the constant numbers sold updates--ugh!  Sometimes I wonder why they even bother having vendors on since they hardly let them get a word in.

Esteemed Contributor

Well.........all he does is ramble on about his grandmother coming from Italy....and the year.....and here's a picture of me with grandma.

That doesn't SELL...when the clock is ticking you need to jump on what you're selling.

I turn the channel....................

Esteemed Contributor

Doesn’t surprise me at all .... the host presenting the item always tries to take over the show!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Momma Mancini Guy

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

Well.........all he does is ramble on about his grandmother coming from Italy....and the year.....and here's a picture of me with grandma.

That doesn't SELL...when the clock is ticking you need to jump on what you're selling.

Yeah, that is true he does tell that same story, however, there are times when vendor is trying to give important info and host will cut them off.  For example, awhile back Dana from Perricone was on with a new skin serum and I was interested as it was new and she was trying to talk about what was in it, etc,  She'd just started talking about it when Jane interrupted her to give the usual  "gotta interrupt you to say 300 (or whatever number) just flew outta here".  Dana was not able to finish what she was trying to say about the product.  I didn't order it.

Esteemed Contributor

As far as sales , they could easily put a graphic up in the price & sku box then they won't be interrupting . The verbal calling out how many have been sold at the  expense of us customers is a sales gimmick , however  like another poster, if I don't hear all the facts , I just don't buy ! Someone must think we are all impulse buyers and not savy shoopers , what an insult.

Trusted Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

Yeah, that is true he does tell that same story, however, there are times when vendor is trying to give important info and host will cut them off.  For example, awhile back Dana from Perricone was on with a new skin serum and I was interested as it was new and she was trying to talk about what was in it, etc,  She'd just started talking about it when Jane interrupted her to give the usual  "gotta interrupt you to say 300 (or whatever number) just flew outta here".  Dana was not able to finish what she was trying to say about the product.  I didn't order it.

@KKJ - The hosts constantly interrupting the vendors with 'sold counts', etc., is the fault of the producers. They're telling the hosts to say these things to hopefully sway viewers to make the purchase as well.

As you mentioned, these comments made are interrupting the vendors, usually, while they are trying to give important information about the product. Unfortunately, we never hear what point(s) the vendor would have made.

I believe that a lot of the hosting issues have to do with the producers - either they're not paying attention to what the hosts are saying/doing, or the constant interruptions with the 'number of items sold'. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor
I want to hear important details a lot of the host's just interrupt so the host can go over the colors for the millionth time or share a personal story. I don't know if the fault lies with the Producer or host or both and it is annoying..the website gives few product details so vendor info is important or I won't buy!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”