Honored Contributor

Re: Mom who left kids in car while on job interview...

On 7/23/2014 Sawn said: I honestly don't know what to think....I don't believe everything that is reported anymore. Did she make a serious mistake - absolutely....but I have to feel a little sad for her, too. Thank God her children are ok.

The judge and DA obviously know more about the case than we do...and they are dropping the charges.

Esteemed Contributor

I am trying to be sympathetic but I cant be because had something happened TO the children we wouldn't be saying lets give her a chance. AND because I see shes a drug addict too? I hope she gets the help she needs but Im glad she has supervised visits until she gets her act together.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Frequent Contributor

I wish her and her children the best.
Honored Contributor

On 7/23/2014 Shorty2U said:

I am trying to be sympathetic but I cant be because had something happened TO the children we wouldn't be saying lets give her a chance. AND because I see shes a drug addict too? I hope she gets the help she needs but Im glad she has supervised visits until she gets her act together.

Shorty - People who aren't addicts often go into ""treatment"" programs - it cuts time off their sentences.

Apollo on RHOA got years off his sentence by agreeing to go to drug addiction classes.

The Judge and DA are allowing her access to her kids...it was probably an attempt to get leniency.

Honored Contributor

On 7/23/2014 terrier3 said:

Shorty - People who aren't addicts often go into ""treatment"" programs - it cuts time off their sentences.

Apollo on RHOA got years off his sentence by agreeing to go to drug addiction classes.

The Judge and DA are allowing her access to her kids...it was probably an attempt to get leniency.

And sometimes they really are drug addicts.

Apollo's case was a federal case. I'm not sure these fake treatment programs are available across the board at all levels.

Frequent Contributor

She is being required to attend parenting classes and substance abuse treatment, and set up trust funds for her children. It seems to me that those things will have a far better impact on her children than having their Mom in jail. It's not a free pass; if she violates any of the conditions, she could be sent to jail. But maybe this will be a wake up call for her and she can turn her life around and make a better life for her children.

Super Contributor

On 7/24/2014 Gioiella said:

She is being required to attend parenting classes and substance abuse treatment, and set up trust funds for her children. It seems to me that those things will have a far better impact on her children than having their Mom in jail. It's not a free pass; if she violates any of the conditions, she could be sent to jail. But maybe this will be a wake up call for her and she can turn her life around and make a better life for her children.

This sounds like a good plan. I hope it works.

Respected Contributor

Yes, but nothing happened to the children. She was given a second chance and instead of beating her up over what might have happened, I think.giving her a path to go.forward is the right thing in this case.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

Too bad she didn't take the children inside the building, have them sit in the reception area with coloring books, etc. while she was being interviewed. That's what I would do, anyway. That's if I couldn't find a relative or friend to sit with them, either at home, or in the building.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

Years ago when I worked in HR at a small company, I had an interview scheduled with a woman. She called about an hour before her appointment and asked to reschedule. I asked her reason. She stated that her childcare has fallen through. I asked about her children...... She had one child. I told her to come in and bring the little boy who was about two. He sat on her lap while we discussed the position. I hired her about a week later and she was a good employee...........now as a mother and grandmother I don't like the idea of leaving any child in the car alone for any reason so I don't think that any reason is acceptable.......but I do know that all of us make bad judgement calls......the end results of this could have been unbearable.......maybe people aren't as understandable as we hope that they would be.......but I would hope that the mother would have asked the HR to reschedule and that HR would have been caring enough to make the decision to reschedule........