Respected Contributor

Mom fights a cougar with her bare hands

With a religious background to it, between censorship and posters' snarky comments, I'm half afraid to share this story, but it's just too good to not share.

You can Google for the details, but the gist is that Mom discovered her young son was being attacked by a cougar.  With no regard for herself, she jumped onto the cougar to save her boy.  And she prayed.  She tells that after the third sentence of her prayer, the cougar suddenly released the child and walked away.  

Please, if you comment to this, be respectful.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Re: Mom fights a cougar with her bare hands

WOW!!!!  Bless her!  I certainly pray her child and she as well are alright.

Esteemed Contributor

She said she started praying in tongues.

Anyway, I'm glad the boy is going to be ok. Poor kid.

Respected Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

She said she started praying in tongues.

Anyway, I'm glad the boy is going to be ok. Poor kid.

I read that in one report, but two others didn't mention it, only quoting the Mother that she prayed from deep within.  Either way, it doesn't really matter, does it? 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It’s a woman doing her most to protect her child. I don’t see it any more as a “religious” story than a story of physical strength in a crisis, courage, and luck, too. I think if you work hard to describe things as mysterious and spiritual, you can make it sound controversial. It’s a human interest piece that had a happy ending for the most part. The humans survived, but the attacking animal had to be destroyed lest it attack again. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/04/03/mom-fights-off-cougar-attack-son-vancouver-isla...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG I loved this. I could say a lot more as well but we know how that would go. Let’s just say that cougar had no choice but to let go. ❤️🙏🏽

Respected Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

It’s a woman doing her most to protect her child. I don’t see it any more as a “religious” story than a story of physical strength in a crisis, courage, and luck, too. I think if you work hard to describe things as mysterious and spiritual, you can make it sound controversial. It’s a human interest piece that had a happy ending for the most part. The humans survived, but the attacking animal had to be destroyed lest it attack again. 

Two juvenile cougars were euthanized. Happy ending for a mom and her child.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/04/03/mom-fights-off-cougar-attack-son-vancouver-isla...

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

This is an amazing story of a mother's instinct to protect her child and if you read other stories about survival...people that did not believe in prayer prayed while in their dangerous situations.  

Honored Contributor

I believe it.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

David defeated a lion and a bear. What's a little cougar?

(Hope I'm not misunderstood. I'm not underplaying the Mother's courage. I do believe in the power of prayer!)