Super Contributor

~ Molly's smelly ear problem SOLVED ~

Hi all ... you know for the passed several months I have a terrible problem with Molly's ears having a horrible odor. I've had her to the Vet. .... here's no infection, they're not dirty, I clean them nightly, and yet it remains. I've used wonder ear and I thought it was working, but it was still sneaking it's way through.
Well, we've solved the problem - trouble is, I don't know what to do about it. Molly's pancreas does not produce any enzymes so she doesn't naturally digest any food. So, with each meal she gets 3/4 tsp. of a product called Pancreazyme mixed in her food with a bit of water. Well, being she's a Cavalier, she has long hairy ears and the ears are getting into the dish when she eats! Now I'm wiping her ears off with a doggie liquid that makes them smell "less doggie" after she eats.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Something like a clothespin to put them on top of her head would be an idea, but it would have to be something very gentle so it didn't hurt her.

abby