Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mogul disowns his daughter and grandkids

I'm on the father's side.  If a 38yr-old cannot support her own family that's a problem:  HER problem.  Time to get off daddy's dole, put on her big-girl pants and get a job!

It will also be a good experience for the grandkiddos to learn how to manage their lives and support themselves when they grow up:  proud, appreciative and self-assured.

That's the trouble nowadays - too many expect/demand a handout!

Honored Contributor

And I wonder if the father or fathers of those children contribute to their support.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wonder why the father or fathers of the 4 kids are not supporting them?

Oh wait Love my grandkids posted this already. Sorry I did not see it.

Esteemed Contributor

Page Six has an article about this that is an interesting read.

As an aside I would not be renting a vehicle at $2,300 for three weeks in her circumstances.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

He should have shown her how to handle and manage all the money he's given her until very recently.  I'll fault him for that.

Esteemed Contributor

Pure speculation at this point.  

Trusted Contributor

Why does a 38 year old depend upon her father for financial support rather than having a job? Many people have disinterested or estranged parents, but they manage to get a job and support themselves and their family. Where are the fathers of the four children? Are they young enough for child support?  Guess there is too much about this situation we don't know.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She's 38 and until January 2020 he paid her rent and gave her an allowance?

And then she made disparaging remarks about him in interviews?  (And she says she hasn't spoken to him in 18 years, but he still supported her until then?)

And she's "homeless" but has managed to have four children, when she clearly can't even support herself?

Dr. Dre had no obligation but to support her through school into adulthood.  Did someone give him his money or did he earn it himself?

It's way past time for her to do what other adults have to - get a job and support yourself and any offspring you choose to have.  No one - not even your parents - owes you a living.  (And that's a really nice SUV she's renting to "live in".)

Respected Contributor

She hasn't talked to they guy in 18 years but keeps taking money from any way. Honestly she sounds like a bit of a disappointment and if she can't get her life together by 38 it sounds like he coddled her for too long. 

I don't care how much money I had, no child of mine would be living their entire life off of it. Especially if they were going to the press which I assume was payback for not getting what she wanted. I'm thinking she tried to use that as leverage when she found out she was getting cut off and not the other way around. 

Esteemed Contributor

We really should not make a judgement one way or the other because none of us really knows what is going on. And, even if we knew more, it is just none of OUR business.