Honored Contributor

Modern Lassie Comes Home Story - Brought Happy Tears To My Eyes

I love this story.  It's amazing that dogs know how to find their way to someplace when they really want to get back there.....

http://www.countryliving.com/life/a36980/dog-walks-11-miles-back-to-foster-mom/

I posted this in the pet lovers forum but i don't think it got as many views there as such a sweet story deserves, so I'm reposting it here too.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Modern Lassie Comes Home Story - Brought Happy Tears To My Eyes

Thank you so much for posting this where I could find it.  I always go to View All Forum Topics, but apparently that doesn't do what it says it will do.

The story is precious and priceless.  So glad I had a chance to see it, along with the adorable photos of Hank.  The world is full of these stories i am sure, but we seldom get to enjoy and appreciate the intelligence of animals. Again, thanks for posting this. A happy Christmas ending.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Perkup You are very welcome; I'm glad you enjoyed the story.  If you haven't yet, please go see the thread in the Pet forum because there are a few wonderful responses there, esp. one in blue about what Hank's heart told him (sorry can't remember which poster to give credit to now).  Awwwwwww. It was a great response.

It is Beastielove's post.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @Pearlee

And the best part is that the human agreed.  She couldn't reject his love and is keeping him.  Hank is home.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I love this story.  It's amazing that dogs know how to find their way to someplace when they really want to get back there.....

http://www.countryliving.com/life/a36980/dog-walks-11-miles-back-to-foster-mom/

I posted this in the pet lovers forum but i don't think it got as many views there as such a sweet story deserves, so I'm reposting it here too.  Smiley Happy

Thanks for posting this story! It was so amazing to read about this, how much love he had in his heart for her, that he would find his way back to her. I had tears in my eyes, too! Heart

Honored Contributor

@Toppers wrote:

Thanks for posting this story! It was so amazing to read about this, how much love he had in his heart for her, that he would find his way back to her. I had tears in my eyes, too! Heart

And the amazing thing is, until he kissed her face goodbye when he left for his new home, Hank hadn't shown any affection for her and wouldn't even come to her.  In the article it said that while he was missing and she was looking for him, she didn't think he'd come to her (or anyone else) if she spotted him.  Yet he found his way home to her and went crazy with happiness when he saw her come home to let him in.   He sounds like he'll be a lot of work to train as the article says, not having been in a home before, but these two opened up their hearts to each other.  

Respected Contributor

Aww, great story.