Honored Contributor

Mod Squad and Twin Peaks' Peggy Lipton dead at 72

From Huff Post:

Peggy Lipton, a one-time model who rocketed to stardom in the 1960s TV hit “The Mod Squad” and later became the muse of David Lynch’s cult TV series “Twin Peaks,” has died. Lipton was 72.

Her death from cancer was announced Saturday by Kidada and Rashida Jones (of “The Office” and “Parks and Recreation”), her daughters with her former husband, the music producer Quincy Jones.

“She made her journey peacefully with her daughters and nieces by her side,” her daughters said in a statement to The Los Angeles Times. “We feel so lucky for every moment we spent with her. Peggy was and will always be our beacon of light, both in this world and beyond. She will always be a part of us.”

The cool blonde with attitude made it big in 1968 playing Julie Barnes, one of a crew of three undercover counterculture cops (with Michael Cole and Clarence Williams III) on the popular ABC series “The Mod Squad.”

After a singing career and years focused on being a mom to her daughters, she returned to TV for another hit, playing Norma Jennings on “Twin Peaks.”

She talked of her first cancer diagnosis in her 2005 memoir “Breathing Out,” in which she also delved into her struggles with fame and the racism she encountered during her 17-year marriage to Jones.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mod Squad and Twin Peaks' Peggy Lipton dead at 72

I remember my Grandma W  watching Mod Squad.  I thought it was so cool!

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Mary Bailey , for reminding me just how old I am. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3   LOL me too!  I remember the show very well. 

It's a vivid memory of my Grandma though.  So sweet this Mother's Day. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@suzyQ3   LOL me too!  I remember the show very well. 

It's a vivid memory of my Grandma though.  So sweet this Mother's Day. 

Me three!  I loved Mod Squad and thought they were so cool, lol.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett