Occasional Contributor

Re: Missouri Tour Boat Tragedy

There were bad storms in that area for a while.  There were warnings out and the storm hit Branson before going on to hit Table Rock Lake.  So sad.

Honored Contributor

Lakes can be just as treacherous as the ocean in a storm.  Very sad and the Duck had no business on the lake with warnings of a storm.   Cat Sad

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I watched the interview with Tia Coleman, one of the survivors. She and a nephew survived. Tia lost all of her children. 

These people need our prayers in the biggest way. I’ve known pain but nothing like this.

8AE0E0FF-7FF1-476C-B8E4-B0C6EFE29E33.jpeg

Honored Contributor

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qgRMqpw62PQ/UKMmEBKy93I/AAAAAAAAAzo/0mlNWwCl6lA/s400/SendingPrayers%5B2%5D.gif

Honored Contributor

So sad....Woman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

We went on a tour of Santa Barbara, then the vehicle went right out into the ocean. There were no life vests in sight. I've heard on news reports that the captain told the passengers they didn't have any need for the live vests. Tragic.

Esteemed Contributor

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/20/us/branson-duck-boat-sinking-video/index.html

I live 4 hours north of Branson. On Thursday afternoon, my area experienced a rapid release of golf-sized hail during 90 degree weather. Dropped from dark gray thunderstorm. Came and went quickly. Huge lakes in southwest Missouri. Calm waters can't always be trusted when storm warnings are given. Heart breaking incident for all who are personally touched by this tragedy. I'm so sorry.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Was this a duck boat?  Haven't we had a number of tragedies involving these boats?

@Kachina624Yes, it was a  duck boat.

Prior to this, I've never even heard of a "duck boat".   How is this different from a regular boat? 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Was this a duck boat?  Haven't we had a number of tragedies involving these boats?

@Kachina624Yes, it was a  duck boat.

Prior to this, I've never even heard of a "duck boat".   How is this different from a regular boat? 

Image result for pictures of duck boats

@Tinkrbl44A duck boat goes on land and water.

Respected Contributor

I watched the interview of the survivor who lost nine family members last night.  I cried the whole time.  I cannot imagine being in her shoes.  Sending eternal prayers to her.