Valued Contributor

Re: Mississippi Day Care Workers....

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Stelladorable wrote:

Products of the education system.

No, products of bad parenting.  The education cannot be blamed for their poor character.

They just plain old dumb.

Honored Contributor

By the looks of them, they wouldn't have to wear a mask to scare me.

Yes, I know that is tacky, but when it comes to child abuse, it's worth my tackiness.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

`The sad fact about daycare is it pays nothing and therefore, it attracts those who, wel.....you get what you pay for.

Notice this wasn't a high-priced, private daycare; the majority of families can't afford those. I can only speak about the ones I personally visited/used (in which it was a private pre-school that offered day care, before and after care for the preschools and was one of the few infant daycare programs in our county, let alone our state). It was not cheap and they had a long waiting list. The teachers and assistants were paid very well but they were required to have a Masters if a teacher, Bachelors if an assistant. Though we didn't use the infant program, it was a rarity in that it had 2 full time nurses on staff (one worked with the infants) as well a full time nurse for the pre-school.  How many daycare facilities offer this? 

A friend of my dearest friend works with daycare regarding marketing, hiring and HR issues. The owner of these daycare makes a fortune; that's where the money goes. NOT to the employees or the facility. The things I've heard....it's why stories like this anger me as well as sadden me because ALL children deserve to be surrounded by love and by those who CARE about them. The reality is, it's a minority that receive that kind of treatment while the rest...well, they can't tell us what they experience, now can they.

They deserve whatever happens to them.

@FiddleDeeDee It is/was the only daycare available within this community.  Why be snooty about these people?  These knucklehuds just weren't qualified is all.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Stelladorable wrote:

Products of the education system.

No, products of bad parenting.  The education cannot be blamed for their poor character.

Education is supposed to give you CRITICAL THINKING skills which many, many Americans don't possess or refuse to use @qbetzforreal .  A parent can do but so much to raise a child.  Many stray from their upbringing.

Regular Contributor

NASTY uneducated low life scum.  Those poor babies.

Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset  Excuse me? WHERE in my post was I being snooty?! 

My point, which you obviously missed, is that money talks. And when it comes to the CARE OF CHILDREN, it should NOT be that way but it is.  Excellent care for ALL children should be the #1 priority but it isn't because MONEY is the #1 priority in our country.

Yes, you DO get what you pay for. When we as a nation have NO issue paying bottom dollar to those who watch our children (as well as our elderly/disabled), there is something seriously wrong. Instead, why not follow the direction other nations have taken regarding daycare? Oh, that's right....it's all about profit and the "why should I pay for something I don't use" mentality.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

`The sad fact about daycare is it pays nothing and therefore, it attracts those who, wel.....you get what you pay for.

Notice this wasn't a high-priced, private daycare; the majority of families can't afford those. I can only speak about the ones I personally visited/used (in which it was a private pre-school that offered day care, before and after care for the preschools and was one of the few infant daycare programs in our county, let alone our state). It was not cheap and they had a long waiting list. The teachers and assistants were paid very well but they were required to have a Masters if a teacher, Bachelors if an assistant. Though we didn't use the infant program, it was a rarity in that it had 2 full time nurses on staff (one worked with the infants) as well a full time nurse for the pre-school.  How many daycare facilities offer this? 

A friend of my dearest friend works with daycare regarding marketing, hiring and HR issues. The owner of these daycare makes a fortune; that's where the money goes. NOT to the employees or the facility. The things I've heard....it's why stories like this anger me as well as sadden me because ALL children deserve to be surrounded by love and by those who CARE about them. The reality is, it's a minority that receive that kind of treatment while the rest...well, they can't tell us what they experience, now can they.

@FiddleDeeDee 

Much of your op sounds classist.  Lower paid care vs. higher paid care.  Let's not for one second kid ourselves into thinking that the business of childcare can't have some bad apples in it no matter what the socio economic background.  You are demeaning these adults (and the children) because they are likely lower income.  That ain't cute.

You said it, I didn't.  I contend that in this case they were knuckleheads and unqualified to be daycare workers because of their lack of education and their seemingly love for "social media."  Not because they are of lower income.

I said what I felt, you responded and I don't agree.  That's ok.  I won't engage in a back and forth about the words you typed.

Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee 

Much of your op sounds classist.  Lower paid care vs. higher paid care.  Let's not for one second kid ourselves into thinking that the business of childcare can't have some bad apples in it no matter what the socio economic background.  You are demeaning these adults (and the children) because they are likely lower income.  That ain't cute.

You said it, I didn't.  I contend that in this case they were knuckleheads and unqualified to be daycare workers because of their lack of education and their seemingly love for "social media."  Not because they are of lower income.

I said what I felt, you responded and I don't agree.  That's ok.  I won't engage in a back and forth about the words you typed.

@gertrudecloset   And yours sounds as though you have a chip on your shoulder. Shame because that chip obviously clouds your ability to see what someone is actually saying vs what you want to read/believe. Common problem today. 

Cheers.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Trusted Contributor

There's something missing inside ppl today.
Spiritually. A serious lack of love for our fellow man. How anyone could be less than loving to a child is reprehensible.
Jail time won't help these ladies, unfortunately.
Lord put someone in their path to hear your Word.
Amen.
Please let someone read this before it's deleted by mods
Respected Contributor

I saw a clip of this disgusting behavior on the news and was horrified anyone could treat small children like this. IMO they should all be fired, charged with felonies, and locked up. They should never be allowed to be around children of any age in the future. Are daycare centers so desperate for workers they don't even bother meeting them and checking them out before hiring? The required criminal background check doesn't pick up a lack of character or a black-hearted spirit. Only frequent monitoring and visiting the classrooms would pick up any hint of this type of abuse. They need tv monitors in every room in daycare centers. This one needs to be closed permanently.