Yeah, the Mississippi education system @Stelladorable 

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Stelladorable wrote:

Products of the education system.

Yeah, the Mississippi education system @Stelladorable 

Yes. Bottom of the heap.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mississippi Day Care Workers....

Good! Maybe now they will ban Halloween! 

Esteemed Contributor

That crew doesn't look they have the sense to get out of their own way let alone care for kids.

My Grandmother used to say things were going to he** in a handbasket.  As a kid I didn't get it............I do now.

Esteemed Contributor

My father used to say that about the handbasket @CrazyKittyLvr2 .  I say it too....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

I think we have become a society where "going viral" means a lot to people.  I don't know why but it's the only explanation for some things that seem to make no sense at all.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

I saw this on the news last week and could not believe how those women terrorized those tiny tots!  Just awful and inexcusable!  I hope they spend a longtime in jail.  I also hope that no one ever hires them for childcare again.  

Trusted Contributor

Really sickening... I'm sorry but there Would be no way that I would pay for these people to watch my children. They don't look kind or educated.
Trusted Contributor

`The sad fact about daycare is it pays nothing and therefore, it attracts those who, wel.....you get what you pay for.

Notice this wasn't a high-priced, private daycare; the majority of families can't afford those. I can only speak about the ones I personally visited/used (in which it was a private pre-school that offered day care, before and after care for the preschools and was one of the few infant daycare programs in our county, let alone our state). It was not cheap and they had a long waiting list. The teachers and assistants were paid very well but they were required to have a Masters if a teacher, Bachelors if an assistant. Though we didn't use the infant program, it was a rarity in that it had 2 full time nurses on staff (one worked with the infants) as well a full time nurse for the pre-school.  How many daycare facilities offer this? 

A friend of my dearest friend works with daycare regarding marketing, hiring and HR issues. The owner of these daycare makes a fortune; that's where the money goes. NOT to the employees or the facility. The things I've heard....it's why stories like this anger me as well as sadden me because ALL children deserve to be surrounded by love and by those who CARE about them. The reality is, it's a minority that receive that kind of treatment while the rest...well, they can't tell us what they experience, now can they.

They deserve whatever happens to them.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

@Stelladorable wrote:

Products of the education system.

No, products of bad parenting.  The education cannot be blamed for their poor character.