Honored Contributor

According to Google this restaurant has 79 locations with headquarters in Maryland.  I've never heard of it.  Have you eaten there?

My sister and her adult granddaughter had lunch there Friday.  She said right at noon, suddenly the Star Spangle Banner burst forth on the PA sysyem, every one dutifully stood with hand over heart and sang the National Anthem.  

I thought this a very strange thing to do in a public restaurant during a meal.  What do you think?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Might have something to do with the fact that they often sponsor fundraising events to support military and public response forces.  The restaurants are decorated to honor local military, police, and firefighting personnel.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

According to Google this restaurant has 79 locations with headquarters in Maryland.  I've never heard of it.  Have you eaten there?

My sister and her adult granddaughter had lunch there Friday.  She said right at noon, suddenly the Star Spangle Banner burst forth on the PA sysyem, every one dutifully stood with hand over heart and sang the National Anthem.  

I thought this a very strange thing to do in a public restaurant during a meal.  What do you think?

You made me look! I don't think it's strange at all since they have made it their mission to honor the military, police and first responders. I don't think most customers walk in blindly without knowing that at noon the National Anthem will be playing.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I live in MD, we have a Mission BBQ in my neighborhood. Very dedicated to the military. My DH likes it a lot better than I do, it is a bit pricey for a fast food restaurant. 

Honored Contributor

i am in maryland, but have never been inside a mission bbq.

i have had their food though and it is quite good......lots of people/groups have them cater events.i always enjoy a good bbq.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

You made me look! I don't think it's strange at all since they have made it their mission to honor the military, police and first responders. I don't think most customers walk in blindly without knowing that at noon the National Anthem will be playing.

@JaneMarple.  My sister surely didn't; she was blindsided by it.  Her granddaughter was in the restroom changing her baby and missed the whole thing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Apparently we have one in our city too.  Somehow, I've never seen it.

https://mission-bbq.com/our-story   

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

There's one in Evansville, In my sister has ate there and says they do that.

Said the ribs were too salty.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@JaneMarple.  My sister surely didn't; she was blindsided by it.  Her granddaughter was in the restroom changing her baby and missed the whole thing.

@Kachina624 , I fully understand that it was shocking to your sister when that happened without knowing beforehand. Smiley Happy

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Re: Mission BBQ

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  Yes, I too think it's sort of strange... There are apparently several of them in my region, but I'd never heard of them before your post. Their mission is their choice and I'm sure it's laudable, but I'll now know that if I ever decide to try them out, unlikely though that is, I'll avoid the lunch hour. Nothing wrong with a display of patriotism, but it should be a matter of individual choice, which would not, for me, be when I'm dining out.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...