Honored Contributor

Re: Missing our posting friends........

Thanks, sunshine and ivanatrump!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Regular Contributor

GrettaGarbled

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 dooBdoo said:
On 2/24/2015 sunshine45 said:

raven has been around.....i know i last saw her on a thread i had of a "little house."

gato has also been around, but uses different names.....she is ALWAYS great about putting the name GATO in her signature though. no need to guess who she is. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Gato had changed her nic to "Smaug" (same account, just new nickname) and according to her history she last posted on 2/8/15. You're right, she always added "Gato" to the siggy. She just had fun with the name changes. I do hope she's coming back.

Me, too.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 NoelSeven said:

I also really miss our friend from San Diego and keeping up with her grandson. Wasn't his name Dennis? Now I can't think of hers.

She would find a new blue marble every so often Smile

I really, really liked talking with her. She happened to be on Viewpoints one Thanksgiving Day when DD and I had a homemade pie crust fail, and she took the time to try to explain how to do it correctly, and she did it in the middle of preparing her own family Thanksgiving dinner. A couple of months later she took a job at a beauty salon

She was such a wonderful lady.

dawnsmom......she is a sweet and kind lady!

i will tell her you said hello! Kiss

Yes, dawnsmom! Oh, please do tell her I think of her often, and with great affection {#emotions_dlg.wub}

i will do that! Smile

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 dooBdoo said:
On 2/24/2015 croemer said:

Raven was here just a couple of days ago. I miss emma, rondell and gato as well. I saw Jules within the last month...hope she is doing ok?

croemer, I think about Jules, too. She went through so much last year, and had to manage so much of it by herself.

jules has been posting in the kitchen forums.....she posted just two days ago......and she is on the real housewives threads sometimes.

Yes, I've talked with her there a couple of times recently.

Respected Contributor

On 2/24/2015 croemer said:

Raven was here just a couple of days ago. I miss emma, rondell and gato as well. I saw Jules within the last month...hope she is doing ok?

raven often gets busy. I'm sure she will be back. LOVE her. I miss Emma rondell and gato also. And caravaggio. Others I can't think of right now. Oh yes! Kittykatkay!

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 chickenbutt said:

I also really miss our friend from San Diego and keeping up with her grandson. Wasn't his name Dennis? Now I can't think of hers.

I really, really liked talking with her. She happened to be on Viewpoints one Thanksgiving Day when DD and I had a homemade pie crust fail, and she took the time to try to explain how to do it correctly, and she did it in the middle of preparing her own family Thanksgiving dinner. A couple of months later she took a job at a beauty salon

Ages ago I used to be in email contact with Dawnsmom for some time. Then, at some point a couple of years ago, I was unceremoniously dropped. I have no idea what I could have done or said, but my emails were blocked and I never talked to her again. I wish people would just tell you what you did. I know that I never did or said anything to purposely hurt or offend her.

I do hope she is well and I still think of her often.

she is doing well and enjoying her family.....

not sure what happened chickenbutt, but i do know that she was without internet for quite a while a few years ago......maybe that is why your emails were getting blocked or bounced back?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I miss Ennui.

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 inallsincerity said:

GrettaGarbled

And Georgie the 5th! And, yes, kittykatkay, as scottie mentioned, but I've "heard" from her indirectly through email, so at least I know she's well. Wish she'd start posting again, though.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 chickenbutt said:

Ages ago I used to be in email contact with Dawnsmom for some time. Then, at some point a couple of years ago, I was unceremoniously dropped. I have no idea what I could have done or said, but my emails were blocked and I never talked to her again. I wish people would just tell you what you did. I know that I never did or said anything to purposely hurt or offend her.

I do hope she is well and I still think of her often.

she is doing well and enjoying her family.....

not sure what happened chickenbutt, but i do know that she was without internet for quite a while a few years ago......maybe that is why your emails were getting blocked or bounced back?

That happened to me, too, when I was pretty sick about a year and a half ago. I could never get the email system up and running again. I probably made it worse by my efforts. Lost the entire system and email addys of numerous people.