Respected Contributor

Re: Missing our posting friends........

On 2/24/2015 scotttie said:
On 2/24/2015 inallsincerity said:
On 2/24/2015 scotttie said:

Heiress.

yes, heiress, ennui, lilabelle.... funny how so many people come and go in life. casually or otherwise.

I remember posting with ennui YEARS ago on the old jewelry board where we had so much fun. Ennui is quite the character. Miss her too.

I hope board will allow her back. Getting the letter and not being able to post should be two different things.

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 Lucibee said: RRR never bothered me. She sounded like a lonely person who needed the attention. I felt sorry for her.

That is exactly how I felt. It was frustrating because she didn't take any advice but I never saw a reason for her to be banned.

Honored Contributor

...oh ya, I haven't seen ennui in awhile..what a character.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Super Contributor

On 2/24/2015 Burnsite said:

I miss bairn and Aunt Bertie to this day, just to agree with Rain City Girl and others. Neither had a free ride on these BBs.

Aunt Bertie was unkindly attacked even after her death by posters who have quite a following here. It is amazing to me that people did not just drop the attackers as hurtful and toxic.

Bairn was also attacked, meeting every attack with courage and humor. What a wonderful person she was!

Remember Bairn's New Year's Eve pot banging tradition? I always hoped that some day I would go to her farm and sit on her porch sipping lemonade and having a good laugh with her and Lou.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/24/2015 AuntG said:
On 2/24/2015 Lucibee said: RRR never bothered me. She sounded like a lonely person who needed the attention. I felt sorry for her.

That is exactly how I felt. It was frustrating because she didn't take any advice but I never saw a reason for her to be banned.

I totally agree. She seemed to be a very sweet, simple person who didn't know how to handle those who were nasty to her. She got upset too easily and she attacked them back but she is no match for some of them. She claimed to have a TBI and I believed her. I certainly wouldn't call her "nutty"......

If she is "real", then I hope she is doing okay and finding some happiness in her life - with her son and DIL and g/b and also finding friends to keep her busy. She gave away too much of her personal life and left herself open for those who attacked her. I can't really blame her if she actually has medical/neurological problems. She's not totally responsible for whatever she says and does. If she's not real - then I just read a bunch of fiction that kept me busy while dinner was in the oven....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

I miss bairn and Aunt Bertie to this day, just to agree with Rain City Girl and others. Neither had a free ride on these BBs.

Aunt Bertie was unkindly attacked even after her death by posters who have quite a following here. It is amazing to me that people did not just drop the attackers as hurtful and toxic.

Bairn was also attacked, meeting every attack with courage and humor. What a wonderful person she was!

ITA. It was disturbing to see someone who had passed be badly spoken of as if she'd harmed anyone, anyhow. I guess the only good part is when you're gone, you really don't give a flying fig. But we left behind see it and hurt for them. I don't even remember who went after her, or Bairn, but I agree with the amazement that people continue to post with posters who would do that.

I've many times thought there is an attraction for some to align themselves with toxic people. Must be a coping mechanism or safety in numbers.

Respected Contributor

Bairn and Aunt Bertie were wonderful. Oh, how I miss them...

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

On 2/24/2015 Free2be said:

ITA. It was disturbing to see someone who had passed be badly spoken of as if she'd harmed anyone, anyhow. I guess the only good part is when you're gone, you really don't give a flying fig. But we left behind see it and hurt for them. I don't even remember who went after her, or Bairn, but I agree with the amazement that people continue to post with posters who would do that.

I've many times thought there is an attraction for some to align themselves with toxic people. Must be a coping mechanism or safety in numbers.

Sadly, I'm no longer amazed or surprised by what posters do here.

It's hard not to let it color your outlook on humanity after seeing the worst of it here and other places online.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

On 2/24/2015 RainCityGirl said:
On 2/24/2015 JustJazzmom said:
On 2/24/2015 RainCityGirl said:
On 2/24/2015 brii said: It was a shame about Brabls. Such a nice poster

Are you saying that Brabis and Dozer are deceased or just gone from the board? I hadn't heard that ever, but I don't keep tabs on it sometimes. I just figure some got fed up with the board and chose to move on to other things.

Yes, that is correct. Someone on Fashion Forum mentioned that Brabis had passed.

Dozer was mentioned here as being deceased.

I know that since I started reading the forum quite a few have passed on. The three I knew best who left us were Bairn, my Scottish kin; Breezy who fought a noble fight against cancer; and the intelligent, soulful Aunt Bertie who told us of her illness and then quietly disappeared. She and Sunala were dear friends. Of those, Bairn was part of my soul. I spoke with her one week before she passed on, and was shocked when I got a message from her family that she was gone. I wept over this woman I had never met face to face, but had connected with on such a personal level. To this day, I miss her terribly. She was the salt of the earth.

(((RCG))) I feel the same.

- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

There are several posters I miss and I know they are not here under a new nic. Too many ""new?"" nics around here now that know too much BB history for me to believe they are new contributors. I do have several posters that I stay in contact via e-mail.
hckynut(john)