Esteemed Contributor

Re: Missing girl, Jayme Closs, found alive!

[ Edited ]

My heart aches for that poor child. She will need a lot of love & therapy to get her through her ordeal!!

Respected Contributor

I am so happy that she was found alive.  We will no doubt find out more details as time goes on.  I certainly hope that she wasn’t corresponding with him online before this all happened.  So many young girls innocently believe that they are starting a real relationship with guys they meet online, while the guys have ulterior motives.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

@dogsx3 wrote:

I don't know the details about this case, but could she have been the one who killed her parents ?  

Really @dogsx3?  I think you'd better go get acquainted with the details before you post something like that.  

@HerRoyaLioness,  when this first happened and a thread was started there was more than one poster that questioned whether the girl was involved with the murders.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

@dogsx3 wrote:

I don't know the details about this case, but could she have been the one who killed her parents ?  

Really @dogsx3?  I think you'd better go get acquainted with the details before you post something like that.  

@HerRoyaLioness,  when this first happened and a thread was started there was more than one poster that questioned whether the girl was involved with the murders.

@Marp- Thanks for trying to explain.  It was established very early on that there was no suspicion at all that Jayme was involved in the murder of her parents. They believed that her life was in danger, which is why they never quit looking so hard for her.  She was only 13 and had no boyfriend in person or on social media.  That was all thoroughly checked out right away.  And the having no social media contact was repeated all day today on the news.

For someone to come on and make a statement like that can stay in peoples minds when they read it.  If you know nothing about the case, look it up before serious questions are asked for all to see and wonder about.

I do live in WI.  For these 3 months we have had a steady flow of the officials keeping us aware of the situation by newspaper and TV. I feel a connection toward this girl and can't imagine what she has went through at this tender age.  I just hate to see misinformation put out there when it could easily be prevented by checking facts first.  It bothers me. 

I probably won't say any more on this thread because there are already more incorrect comments and that is just the way it goes with these sorts of things.  I'm just thinking about Jayme and her family at this point and feel at little  "protective" over them.

Super Contributor

So glad she was found alive. All too often it ends badly. Happy she's safe.

Honored Contributor

****UPDATE****

3:55 PM -- The first photo of Jayme has surfaced ... showing her smiling with her aunt and godmother, Jennifer Naiberg Smith. As we told you ... they were reunited this afternoon at the hospital where Jayme was being evaluated.

1:57 PM -- Officials say cops recovered a shotgun consistent with what was used at the scene of the homicide. Cops say Patterson -- who shaved his head after allegedly killing Jayme's parents to hide from cops -- shot the door open.

Cops say Patterson had a small connection to Jayme's parents -- working at the same turkey processing plant as them for one day three years ago -- and he intentionally went looking for her. Cops say it's unclear right now why Patterson targeted Jayme.

Patterson will make his first court appearance Monday in Barron County court.

Officials added Jayme was reunited with her aunt at the hospital Friday afternoon.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/11/13-year-old-wisconsin-girl-jayme-closs-found-alive-kidnapped-parents-...

She'll be reunited with her family later this evening. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I''m glad she's got family close by.  She'll need all the love and support she can get.

I can't imagine what she's been through these last few months.  Heartbreaking....

Super Contributor

I pray she's not pregnant or has some sexually transmitted disease by the kidnapper. Unfortunately, it's likely she was raped by him. At least she's getting help. Both medical and psychological.

Super Contributor

I also seen a picture of her and, her Uncle Steve mothers brother. Heartwarming and sad at the same time thinking of everything she and the family have went through.
She favors that side of the family nose smile, eyes. I'll continue to pray for them all .
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Along with all every one has said on here ,i do wonder what we will learn about him ,and the family he comes from ,how people can do what he done ,just always not only upsets me ,but i just can not imagine what terrible things people do.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.