Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Missing girl, Jayme Closs, found alive!

Yes, indeed it's wonderful that she's free but terrifying to think that something like this could happen.  

Respected Contributor

So happy to hear she's been found alive.  I can't imagine the horror she's been through.  I'm wondering how this lowlife creep decided upon this family? 

Valued Contributor

I am so outraged that this low life broke into their home, murdered the parents and took her. This is exactly why DH keeps a gun in the house. So scary.

Respected Contributor

@staciesmom  -  I agree.  I say turn him over to her family and let them dole out his punishment.

Honored Contributor

I can't even imagine what it would be like to have someone knock on your door and have this happen!

I can only hope I could handle myself as calmly as possible even after the police were there. 

I know that for the sake of the girl, I'd have to keep my cool.  But I know I would be in shock, too.

So glad she is alive.  That monster was capable of murder and she is so lucky he didn't kill her, too.

I don't really know all the details of the story, just knew she was missing and her parents were killed.  

Honored Contributor

Very sad story!  ...but I'm glad for her that she escaped and is alive!

I wonder though how this creep came to their house?  Was it totally random or did he know them?

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Very sad story!  ...but I'm glad for her that she escaped and is alive!

I wonder though how this creep came to their house?  Was it totally random or did he know them?

I'm wondering the same thing. I wonder if he had just seen her out and about somewhere and got obsessed with her?

Honored Contributor

The NY Post has a lot of details about it. Since we can't post links, I suggest going to that site to read the entire article.  From it:

“Jayme was taken against her will and escaped from a residence in which she was being held,” said Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald at a press conference announcing the charges against Patterson. “The subject planned his actions and took many proactive steps to hide his identity from law enforcement and the general public.”

The sheriff said Patterson’s intended target was Jayme — not her parents — but did not elaborate. It’s unclear if the teen knew her alleged captor before she went missing.

He said Jayme had been kept at a home in a “remote area outside of Gordon” and that Patterson had worked to also conceal her identity from the public."

Respected Contributor

I live a half an hour from where  she was found. It is creepy to me how she was hid an hour away from her home. She was there when her parents were killed.The abductor was disguising both her and his identity. It was helpful to have had the widespread news  coverage over and over making more people aware. Thousands of tips.  The Sheriff said the kids in her school never gave up and kept them going. That is really heartwarming. My church also had prayers for her every Sunday.

Another strange occurrence was another young man broke into the home and stold some of her clothing shortly after the murders. He was curious about the size of her clothing???The relatives , Aunt and Uncle  also live an hour away. These are all small tourist towns in my area and not immune from this type  of horrendous  crime either!

Respected Contributor

I seriously never believed they'd find her alive. 

The story seems so discombobulated; did he kill her parents?  Did she know him and go willingly? How did she escape?

Thank goodness she is alive.