Esteemed Contributor

Re: Missing girl, Jayme Closs, found alive!

I was very happy to hear this. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

When I heard this, I was so happy she was found alive.

Honored Contributor

Just heard this ,how wonderful.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Its a miracle.

Gives me chills, how many more of these kidnapping victims are alive being held against their will?

Honored Contributor

The 13-year-old girl found alive after being missing since mid-October was described as 'skinny and dirty but outwardly OK', by the couple who called 911 after the teenager flagged down a dogwalker in rural Wisconsin. 

Jayme Closs was abducted from her home in Barron, Wisconsin on October 15, the same day her parents, James, 56, and Denise Closs, 46, were found shot dead inside.

The Barron County Sheriff's Department confirmed Thursday evening that Jayme has been located in Douglas County, and an unidentified male suspect has been arrested. 

The board chairman of Gordon said Jayme was found at Eau Claire Acres, a development located about 70 miles away from her home. 

The teen approached a woman walking her dog, and told the stranger she had been kidnapped and that a man killed her parents. 

The dogwalker, who has requested to remain anonymous, went with Jayme to her neighbors house  and pounded on their door.

Kristin and Peter Kasinskas say their neighbor had a skinny, dirty girl with matted hair, wearing shoes several sizes too big for her feet standing next to her. The neighbor shouted, 'This is Jayme Closs! Call 911!'

Kristin Kasinskas, who is a teacher, told the Today Show: 'She knocked on our door, and then actually opened our door and said call 911.

'I think we recognized Jayme immediately. I mean, her picture has been everywhere around here, billboards and things so we recognized her immediately.  

'She seemed kind of in shock and kind of timid, but she did talk to us a little bit, and she came in and sat down in our living room and was able to have a conversation with us.' 

'She didn't give us a ton of detail. I had asked her if she knew where Gordon, Wisconsin, was. She did not know where Gordon was, and she didn't know where she was at the time. She was - she did state who she believed had her, and she did give us a little information about the person's car. But other than that she didn't give us a ton of detail about.'

Kristin was asked if the person she mentioned was someone she knew in the community. Kristin said: 'I recognized the name when I was told it but not somebody I knew well by any means.' 

Asked about whether Jayme told her how she escaped, Kristin said: 'Not really. She kind of talked about being locked up or hidden when this person had to leave, but she did not go into any detail about how she got away.

Kristin and Peter Kasinskas called 911

'She looked thinner than her pictures. We offered her a beverage. We offered her something to eat. She said she didn't want anything to eat or drink. She was comfortable. She just was cold, so we did give her a blanket, but yeah, she didn't want food or anything to drink. I would - I guess I would describe her as looking kind of unkempt.  

'I don't know (if she seemed afraid). It wasn't like she was scared of us. She wasn't crying or upset. She was just very calm.'

Peter Kasinskas tells the Minneapolis Star Tribune that Jayme was quiet and showed little emotion. He says she told them she didn't know where she was or anything about Gordon, the small town near where she was found. 

The Barron County Sheriff's Department, which was first notified by the Douglas County Sheriff's Department of the information after a citizen called, declined to release further details at this time.

'We do not any other details at this time as this is a very fluid and active investigation... we will not be answering any questions or taking calls on this tonight,' the statement said.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

I don't know the details about this case, but could she have been the one who killed her parents ?  

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

I don't know the details about this case, but could she have been the one who killed her parents ?  

@dogsx3.  The police have arrested a man for her kidnapping and the murder of her parents.

Respected Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

Really @dogsx3?  I think you'd better go get acquainted with the details before you post something like that.  

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@dogsx3 wrote:

@dogsx3.  The police have arrested a man for her kidnapping and the murder of her parents.

Thanks, i have read about some cases where the teens have actually done or had help to kill their parents, i have not been reading about this one.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Such good news! Can't wait to hear Nancy Grace's reaction.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.