Honored Contributor

Re: Missing any USPS mail? Maybe this is why....

It's  nice that the citizens are out doing the USPS's investigative work for them.  Sounds like they did a complete, thorough job of it too.  Too bad they had to resort to do-it-yourself detective work.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's went in couple of subdivisions that's going up right now. We take a tour of the area to nose around house looking. This one area, (I need to take a pic) had #'s on the boxes and it's like one big cabinet with sections in it, each assigned a #.

We were glad our subdivision was built like 10 yrs ago. Just so many people any more.

@Mindy D 

Honored Contributor

How you receive your mail may not be at the top of your list of things to think about when you are considering when buying a new home.

If you are a senior citizen, handicapped or simply don’t feel like walking (or driving) up to a block away every day to fetch your mail, however, it is something that you might want to move up the list.

Under pressure to cut costs wherever possible, the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) is now requiring builders and developers to purchase and install kiosks holding a cluster of individual mail boxes.

By delivering mail to kiosks, instead of door-to-door or even individual street-side mailboxes, the postal service is saving money on gasoline and wear-and-tear on USPS vehicles. And because letter carriers can deliver to more mailboxes when they are clustered – or fewer carriers are needed to deliver the same amount of mail – it’s saving money on salaries, too.

cluster-mailbox.jpg

Honored Contributor

I'll tell you what makes me crazy, informed delivery ! !  When I first signed up, it was great, now when it shows a piece of mail, it might not be delivered for a week. I call the post office when a piece of tax related mail wasn't delivered, and they blew it off. This has happened several times, and it makes me crazy, was it lost or coming later ?😡

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

They just stare at you and then somebody else comes up behind you and they want U to move along.

I don't even complain any more I try not to use the post office any more then is necessary.

Fedex is the best, but, pricey.

Honored Contributor

I send gift cards electronically now. They spend them online anyway, so they do n’t even print them out.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have terrible, unpredictable mail service in our area. It is an ongoing problem. We finally found out our post office is a training facility so we get an endless line of rookies learning the ropes. It is not unusual to see the mail carrier parked at the end of our cul-de-sac with a flashlight, trying to figure out where our houses are. We and our neighbors just take the mail and packages that don’t belong to us and give it to the right address. The postmaster apologizes, but nothing changes. Some days it’s no mail, other days it’s 9:30 pm before it’s delivered . I can see how that much mail was not delivered without a lot of complaints...does no good to complain.

Esteemed Contributor

This story is disturbing on so many levels, although not completely surprising, as there have been similar stories in the news lately. Thankfully, technology is making it easier to bring those responsible  for this federal offense to justice. I feel bad for anyone that had their personally identifiable information potentially compromised. When I was younger, these things just seldom, if ever happened.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Super Contributor

I did not realize working for the post office was so stressful but of course that is where the phrase "going postal" comes from.  Thank goodness he did not go nuts and hurt/kill his coworkers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

They just stare at you and then somebody else comes up behind you and they want U to move along.

I don't even complain any more I try not to use the post office any more then is necessary.

Fedex is the best, but, pricey.

@SharkE  Uh uh... We'll have to agree to disagree about Fedex. If I know something is going to be sent via Fedex, I do everything in my power to find an alternative so as not to order it. Where I am, they are the most inconsistent of them all and you never know what set of their rules they're going to follow on any given day or whether to expect the package at my door or over at the condo office. Just today I got an email from Amazon and had to call Fedex about a package they supposedly tried to deliver. Guess what, I was home all day and there was no attempted delivery notice at either my door or the condo office. If they'd attempted to deliver it, I'd have got it. My absolute last choice. I could write a book about all their screw-ups and the circuitous routes they use that often have packages going well out of the way and then coming back before they're actually delivered. I still prefer UPS.to the others.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...