Honored Contributor

Re: Missing University of Utah Student

Never mind.  More trouble explaining everything than it is worth.

Esteemed Contributor

I still think that Mackinzey met  her (future) killer at an earlier date, say at a party, and he saw her, someone pretty, someone maybe naive, someone innocent, someone trusting, and he turned on the charm, and she believed him and fell for his smooth talk.

She saw a new friend, he saw his  victim. 

I'm just thinking out loud here, that's all.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I still think that Mackinzey met  her (future) killer at an earlier date, say at a party, and he saw her, someone pretty, someone maybe naive, someone innocent, someone trusting, and he turned on the charm, and she believed him and fell for his smooth talk.

She saw a new friend, he saw his  victim. 

I'm just thinking out loud here, that's all.

He met her on a dating website.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

I doubt this was a sugar daddy situation, although she stated on her social media that she had two sugar daddys.  This guy didn't have any money.  He doesn't live in an expensive area and he rents out his one bedroom basement as an air bnb.  I'm wondering if it wasn't more like s&m thing.  More investigating will be done.

@Scooby Doo. When you ‘meet a man’ on a website where he tells you his story about being rich etc. you don’t know until you meet him. If she hadn’t met him before, how would she know his living situation? 

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Here's a thought, when she landed, she texted with the killer, and they agreed to meet in the park. She took a Lyft to the park, where he, the killer was waiting for her, and she gets in to his car.

Another thought:  Why didn't he pick her up at the airport?  It's only about 2 miles from the park, which is close to his house.  Probably because he had all this planned and didn't want anyone to see her get into his vehicle.  Her phone was turned off as soon as she got into his car so it wouldn't ping anymore.  He figured that she couldn't be traced to his home.

so many police and security presence at an airport. of course he would not meet her there.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Scooby Doo wrote:

I doubt this was a sugar daddy situation, although she stated on her social media that she had two sugar daddys.  This guy didn't have any money.  He doesn't live in an expensive area and he rents out his one bedroom basement as an air bnb.  I'm wondering if it wasn't more like s&m thing.  More investigating will be done.

@Scooby Doo. When you ‘meet a man’ on a website where he tells you his story about being rich etc. you don’t know until you meet him. If she hadn’t met him before, how would she know his living situation? 

One of her close friends knew this guy existed and supplied law enforcement with tips.  He's stayed close to the investigation.  The friend said he didn't like the guy and had a gut feeling something was wrong, and advised Mackenzie to stay away from him.  She may have met him before, just didn't go to his house until this time. 

Honored Contributor

Like most people, I was hoping against hope that she would be found alive.  I hoped that she was being held against here will somewhere but she would be rescued.  We had a case locally where woman her age was taken from a bar but the police found and rescued her several days later.  Not the case, the worst things imagineable happened to this young woman.  It leaves me wondering just how she managed to connect with a predator.  What could he have said or offered her to make her get into his car alone at that time of night?  We'll probably never know the details but knowing could serve as warning to other young women who are targeted by online predators.  

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

Absolutely heartbreaking what that monster did.

Thankful for the neighbors that noticed the suspicious activity and reported it...

Neighbors reported they saw Ajayi burning something in his backyard with gasoline on June 17 and 18, police said. An investigation of the property found an area that had been freshly dug, the same area that neighbors reported seeing the fire.

contractor reported that he was approached by an individual who owns the home searched, now believed to be Ajayi, to build a soundproof room in the home. “He slowly added on other requests, like building a secret door and adding hooks to the wall." The contractor said that the person also asked the construction be completed “before his girlfriend got back into town.”

"Weirded out" by the request, he turned the person [ Ajayi ] down.

@MorningLoverThis is one person's story.  Even if true, it has absolutely nothing to do with this case; I doubt it would even be allowed in a trial, should there be one down the road.

It is prejudicial.  Not to mention it was "asked" to be built, not that such a room was found.

This type of gossip, imo, should never have been printed.  Although he has been arrested, we still do not have all the facts in terms of an accomplice.  My understanding is that neighbors did say he was trying to improved the property but those statements came AFTER the statement by the contractor.

It's easy to Monday morning quarterback; I guarantee the neighbors never gave it a second thought about his remodeling interest until that contractor spoke up.

I also cringe when such unsubtantiated info is released; not to mention this case will be watched by other person(s) out to do harm. 

Other deeply disturbed individuals will look at this as a failure for him to complete a project and therefore they will think it is their "duty" to do so in their own homes.  The Psychotics link themselves as kindred spirits, if you will.

Not understanding how the minds of such people work can cause more harm to other innocent people.

I wish it had not been mentioned and that the focus had remained solely on the known facts and most importantly on the death of this young woman.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 

KUTV 2News reported this info. 

Contractor: Suspect in MacKenzie Lueck's murder wanted hidden room in basement.

'The contractor said he has text messages that show Ajayi’s persistence to get the job done quickly as Ajayi pressured him for a quote.'

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm writing this point not to bore the heck out of you, but so that you might share it with your female children, grandchildren, friends, etc. (and male, too, although they are threatened less frequently than female). 

After writing a previous post above in which I described getting myself into a possibly dangerous situation in Venice, I began to rehash it in my mind.  I misstated something.  My fear arose not at the moment that I met the ghastly white friend and his elderly mother (who truly looked creepy) but at the moment the door closed behind me when I entered that house. 

Seeing those two freakily pale people heightened my fear and I wanted out.  At once!   So, try never to be in a closed place or home that belongs to someone whose character you do not truly know well or someone about whom your friends have misgivings.  Maybe your gut gave someone a pass for one reason or another, but your friend picked up on something unsettling.  Listen to your feeling or that of your friend and never, but never get into a situation where this person can control your ability to exit a place. 

ETA:  I failed to state a hard rule that should be followed: Never enter the home or space belonging to someone you do not know really well and of someone you have just met.   This is especially true if you met this person online.  Be as sure as you can be after meeting someone new that he or she is a safe person and that their abode or other personal space is safe for you.   There is not absolute guarantee, but going to the home of a new acquaintance who is an unknown entity might prove to be disastrous.