Honored Contributor

Re: Missing University of Utah Student

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shepherd wrote:

"They never think something bad could happen to them, she should had  more sense".

Really goldensrbest & others, blame the victum? A 23 year old college student? Were you ever young?

Tragic & sad ending.

@Shepherd   I didn't read that post as blaming the victim at all.   I agree the young lady should have had more sense not to meet a guy in a park in the middle of the night (whether she knew him or not).  That doesn't mean she asked for or  deserved to be killed.  I take it to mean if she had exercised better judgment, she'd probably still be alive.

She ignored the danger of this lifestyle, no she did not deserve what happened, she  just did not think anything would happen.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Completely horrific. There has to be more to this story than we will ever know. Police say she was communicating with the killer from the airport prior to meeting whoever was in the park to pick her up. Such a sad ending; prayers for her devastated family.
Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

The latest news concerning what the police are looking into regarding Ms. Lueck is suggestive of a not too squeaky clean life.  We shall see if the leads they follow take them to a suspect.

There is just suggestion now -- no firm assertion -- of something only slightly different going on with this young lady in her life.  A few friends have stated some things about her love interests.  In a different light, she is Katharine McPhee without all the fame, publicity and famous boyfriend.

I just hope this young lady is safe and well, whatever is going on.

@golding76  I’m not sure I understand your reference to Katherine McPhee. Do you mean an attraction to older, rich men?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are reporting it is uncertain if he is the one she met at the park...still far too many details unknown...all that matters is he is in custody and this poor young woman is gone. From what they have released, he is one twisted man.  They are still determining if the killer had help from another person in this crime. We have no idea if she had any actual relationship with him at all...all they know is that she had communicated with him via her phone and they didn’t say if it was a phone call, text, or some other form of social media. The entire thing is just sickening.

Esteemed Contributor

Here's a thought, when she landed, she texted with the killer, and they agreed to meet in the park. She took a Lyft to the park, where he, the killer was waiting for her, and she gets in to his car.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Here's a thought, when she landed, she texted with the killer, and they agreed to meet in the park. She took a Lyft to the park, where he, the killer was waiting for her, and she gets in to his car.

Another thought:  Why didn't he pick her up at the airport?  It's only about 2 miles from the park, which is close to his house.  Probably because he had all this planned and didn't want anyone to see her get into his vehicle.  Her phone was turned off as soon as she got into his car so it wouldn't ping anymore.  He figured that she couldn't be traced to his home.

Honored Contributor

I really have a feeling that young women don't realize the dangers out there.

It would be a good idea to have a required safety class before middle school and high school graduation.

And college.

I guess I've been watching too many Justice TV episodes. 

All real life cases across the country.  Small towns, large cities, everywhere.

Throughout the years.

A woven thread throughout the many cases:

Don't wander around alone, especially at night or in isolated areas.

There are people out there, driving around, just looking for trouble. 

Sounds paranoid, I know.  However:

'Even the true paranoid has real enemies' (a more-or-less quote that I read somewhere many years ago).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

esme,

At the time I wrote that post, there were no firm allegations that this young woman participated in Sugar Daddy relationships, only hinted at suspicions.  I did not want to smear her reputation on unsubstantiated claims and decided to hint at what might be going on.  So, I wrote a broad hint of a suggestion.  McPhee has had her attraction to older men, of course, but I do not think her first husband was extremely wealthy; however, he probably was able to give her nice gifts.

I was not drawing a one-to-one correlation but simply wanted the reader to get an idea of what might be going on in Ms. Lueck's life.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

esme,

At the time I wrote that post, there were no firm allegations that this young woman participated in Sugar Daddy relationships, only hinted at suspicions.  I did not want to smear her reputation on unsubstantiated claims and decided to hint at what might be going on.  So, I wrote a broad hint of a suggestion.  McPhee has had her attraction to older men, of course, but I do not think her first husband was extremely wealthy; however, he probably was able to give her nice gifts.

I was not drawing a one-to-one correlation but simply wanted the reader to get an idea of what might be going on in Ms. Lueck's life.

@golding76 . Sugar daddy sites are not like a younger person liking an older man. How many posters on this site have an older husband?

read what another poster wrote about sugar daddy websites. I think you are way off in your theory.

Respected Contributor

I doubt this was a sugar daddy situation, although she stated on her social media that she had two sugar daddys.  This guy didn't have any money.  He doesn't live in an expensive area and he rents out his one bedroom basement as an air bnb.  I'm wondering if it wasn't more like s&m thing.  More investigating will be done.