Respected Contributor

Re: Missing Mom, Savannah Spurlock's Remains Found; Arrests

@ripka junkie wrote:

@CrazyDaisy @mom2four0418  

Why would she buried fon his property ???? I not murdered!

I was commenting as to why murder charges had not yet been brought against the suspect.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@ripka junkie wrote:

@CrazyDaisy @mom2four0418  

Why would she buried fon his property ???? I not murdered!

People panic and do not make good decisions.  Not going to speculate till the facts are known.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda wrote:

"brought down"?  I don't see anyone being "brought down."  The wisdom of her decision(s) is what is being discussed. 

Knowing what you do ABOUT her from what you've read, if you knew her personally would you think she led a "trashy" lifestyle, acted like a bimbo?

Maybe she reminds you of someone you DO know personally and that's why you don't like seeing these things written about her.

I have no sympathy for anyone in this case but her children.

Leaving the bar with three men was far from the first unwise decision she made in her life.

I tend to agree @esmerelda  and since it's pretty clearly my post that was being quoted out of context... Let me just note that while some of us are accused, wrongly so, of blaming the victim, (which would be clear were entire posts read and comprehended), others, it would seem, are intent on completely exonerating the victim, no matter how irresponsible the choices made... Of course, dramatic effect can be more fully served by picking and choosing verbiage quoted to ensure maximum impact... No one is minimizing her or negating the horror that befell this young woman nor is anyone questioning the culpability of the murderer, if it turns out that she was murdered... The fact remains, however, that had she not left with three strange men, and willingly so, it appears, she'd still be alive.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

IMO it is not “blaming the victim” to say that she sadly put herself  in a very dangerous situation.  It is simply a fact.   We have no idea why she made that choice.

I don’t think any poster here believes that we don’t have the right to come and go as we choose.   We SHOULD be able to go and do as we please with no repercussions.

Of course the crime was the FAULT of the perpetrators.  But it’s foolish not to acknowledge that making poor decisions about her personal safety gave these criminals their opportunity.  That’s not blaming her...it’s just a fact.

Just because she COULD go to a bar and leave alone with 3 strange men doesn’t mean she should have.  If we lived in Utopia, they would have all stopped somewhere for coffee and a nice chat.

We don’t live in Utopia.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

As far as I have read it has not even been determined that this woman was murdered.  He was arrested for abuse of a corpus,  She may have died from a drug overdose, alcohol poisoning even complications from the pregnancy.  The guys panicked and hid the body.

She put herself into a risky situation.  You lock your doors to protect your things, people need to protect yourself.

The charges will be upgraded if the autopsy determines that she was murdered.

How do you KNOW it is murder till the autopsy is done?  Why not wait till the facts are know before condemning anyone.

I don't understand your question. I have no idea whether she was murdered, and I never said that she was.  You said that a murder charge has not been brought against him, and I said that IF it is determined that she was murdered, they will upgrade the charges. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Re: heRe: Missing Mom, Savannah Spurlock's Remains Found; Arrests

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I feel so badly for the children she left behind.  Imagine the twin infants especially.  Were they newborns?

I just read she *facetimed* her mother (or whatever it is), I guess in the car while they were driving to where ever they were going.  Is that how they identified the one guy caught because the mother could see the guys in the car?  I hope they find all the guys involved.  

It must've been horrific for her, I have a feeling her body was burned to hide what all had happened to her.

@Lucky Charm 

There is surveillance footage of her leaving the bar with the men, which clearly identified them, as well as witnesses in the bar.

The remains and pieces of fabric matching her clothing were found at the home of one of those men, the one who's been arrested.

That's why he's the only one arrested so far.

Spurlock traveled to the home located some 40 miles from the bar in the back of two of the men's car, with another vehicle driven by the third man following behind

Spurlock, a mother of four, was last seen on surveillance video on January 4 after she left The Other Bar in Lexington with the three men - one of whom is David Sparks

Police said David Sparks, 23, was arrested and charged early Thursday with abuse of a corpse and tampering with physical evidence

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Glad you posted that, maybe they were going to  play cards,when they got to the house!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

From the photos, it doesn't look like she was going against her will nor that she needed help to walk due to having too much to drink. Where were her friends (plural) as the original article that mentioned discusses how she went with girlfriendS (plural) in one car; they them stopped at the house of a male friend, took HIS car and off they went. 

Like I said...there is MORE to this story then we know and since a police investigation is still going on, that isn't surprising.

BTW: as per the article, she had the twins mid December and this was early January she went out. Ex-boyfriend is the baby daddy of one child and the twins. The eldest childs' father is not in his life and so stays with the paternal grandfather most of the time. 

Her mother claims she was a quiet person and didn't go out often. In this case, it was her girlfriendS (plural) who convinced her to go out.

Again, the ALL comes from the January article I pulled up regarding her being reported missing.

Respected Contributor

Cakers, is right on the money. This girl lost her life.
Focus on the people who killed her. Let them hang...
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I feel so badly for the children she left behind.  Imagine the twin infants especially.  Were they newborns?

I just read she *facetimed* her mother (or whatever it is), I guess in the car while they were driving to where ever they were going.  Is that how they identified the one guy caught because the mother could see the guys in the car?  I hope they find all the guys involved.  

It must've been horrific for her, I have a feeling her body was burned to hide what all had happened to her.

@Lucky Charm 

There is surveillance footage of her leaving the bar with the men, which clearly identified them, as well as witnesses in the bar.

The remains and pieces of fabric matching her clothing were found at the home of one of those men, the one who's been arrested.

That's why he's the only one arrested so far.

Spurlock traveled to the home located some 40 miles from the bar in the back of two of the men's car, with another vehicle driven by the third man following behind

Spurlock, a mother of four, was last seen on surveillance video on January 4 after she left The Other Bar in Lexington with the three men - one of whom is David Sparks

Police said David Sparks, 23, was arrested and charged early Thursday with abuse of a corpse and tampering with physical evidence

It does kind of look like a hand in the crook of his arm in the second photo like we all do at one time or another walking with a man we feel comfortable with.  It could be a shadow.  "if determined" is a phrase to me that means unclear not factual @mom2four0418 so you are right anything at this point could have caused the death whether accidental, manslaughter, or murder.  But probably not a natural death.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."