Esteemed Contributor

Re: Missing Mom, Savannah Spurlock's Remains Found; Arrests

As far as I have read it has not even been determined that this woman was murdered.  He was arrested for abuse of a corpus,  She may have died from a drug overdose, alcohol poisoning even complications from the pregnancy.  The guys panicked and hid the body.

She put herself into a risky situation.  You lock your doors to protect your things, people need to protect yourself.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

heRe: Missing Mom, Savannah Spurlock's Remains Found; Arrests

I feel so badly for the children she left behind.  Imagine the twin infants especially.  Were they newborns?

I just read she *facetimed* her mother (or whatever it is), I guess in the car while they were driving to where ever they were going.  Is that how they identified the one guy caught because the mother could see the guys in the car?  I hope they find all the guys involved.  

It must've been horrific for her, I have a feeling her body was burned to hide what all had happened to her.

Honored Contributor

But, how much did her mother really know of what she was doing?

Valued Contributor

When are we going to stop blaming the victim?

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

She was a mom ,of 4 kids ,going out to bars ,and leaving with men ,is really just not what she should had done.

@goldensrbest 

But WHO was she? Is she someone famous?  

Why is the media latched on to this murder?

@sidsmom   I understand what you're asking...I don't know who she was, but yes it is strange why certain cases become senstational news yet others that are just as awful & gruesome are never heard of.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN  another poster , added information about what a bad family situation she had come from..it is back a bit  sahm posted it

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

We really don't know anything about this poor woman. She might have have mental problems, and was just doing her best to get by, hanging on by a thead ,mentally/emotionally

What ever it was, she didn't deserve to be murdered

@cherry   I agree 100%.  Nobody here knows Savannah on a first friend/family basis.

I cringe when I see her being referred to as a "bimbo" and her actions referred to as "trashy".

That just goes beyond a rational discussion.

Savannah had a life of which we know nothing about.  She was a young woman with children and obviously some family members who cared enough to care for her children as needed.

We don't know about meds, about bi-polar, about post-partum, etc.  but I'd rather see some discussion on those topics rather than ripping Savannah apart.

Whether all 3 men are involved in her death remains to be seen.  Regardless of Savannah's actions, the ultimate horrid crime is on these men.  Nobody  has the right to take advantage of another human being, causing who knows what harm before taking that person's life.

I find it troubling that Savannah as a person is brought down while nobody is really going after the men.

And that, in of itself, shows another "blame the victim" routine.

Her name is Savannah Spurlock; not bimbo, not trash, not anything but Savannah Spurlock, mother, daughter, friend-who on a very tragic night met up with evil face to face.

Savannah.  Remember it.

"brought down"?  I don't see anyone being "brought down."  The wisdom of her decision(s) is what is being discussed. 

Knowing what you do ABOUT her from what you've read, if you knew her personally would you think she led a "trashy" lifestyle, acted like a bimbo?

Maybe she reminds you of someone you DO know personally and that's why you don't like seeing these things written about her.

I have no sympathy for anyone in this case but her children.

Leaving the bar with three men was far from the first unwise decision she made in her life.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

As far as I have read it has not even been determined that this woman was murdered.  He was arrested for abuse of a corpus,  She may have died from a drug overdose, alcohol poisoning even complications from the pregnancy.  The guys panicked and hid the body.

She put herself into a risky situation.  You lock your doors to protect your things, people need to protect yourself.

The charges will be upgraded if the autopsy determines that she was murdered.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

The charges will be upgraded if the autopsy determines that she was murdered.

How do you KNOW it is murder till the autopsy is done?  Why not wait till the facts are know before condemning anyone.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

@CrazyDaisy @mom2four0418  

Why would she buried fon his property ???? I not murdered!