Respected Contributor

Re: Missing Mom, Savannah Spurlock's Remains Found; Arrests

@cherry wrote:

Your post makes absolute no sense at all..if you are ill you need meds. Sometimes they work for people, and sometimes not

My sons best friend had a bipolar mother and aunt. I  have seen this up close and personal.I know a bit about it  and certainly do not claim to be a Dr

LOL  i know someone whose cousin's friend's aunt's sister's kid is bi polar. oh yeah that makes me an expert.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

We really don't know anything about this poor woman. She might have have mental problems, and was just doing her best to get by, hanging on by a thead ,mentally/emotionally

What ever it was, she didn't deserve to be murdered

@cherry   I agree 100%.  Nobody here knows Savannah on a first friend/family basis.

I cringe when I see her being referred to as a "bimbo" and her actions referred to as "trashy".

That just goes beyond a rational discussion.

Savannah had a life of which we know nothing about.  She was a young woman with children and obviously some family members who cared enough to care for her children as needed.

We don't know about meds, about bi-polar, about post-partum, etc.  but I'd rather see some discussion on those topics rather than ripping Savannah apart.

Whether all 3 men are involved in her death remains to be seen.  Regardless of Savannah's actions, the ultimate horrid crime is on these men.  Nobody  has the right to take advantage of another human being, causing who knows what harm before taking that person's life.

I find it troubling that Savannah as a person is brought down while nobody is really going after the men.

And that, in of itself, shows another "blame the victim" routine.

Her name is Savannah Spurlock; not bimbo, not trash, not anything but Savannah Spurlock, mother, daughter, friend-who on a very tragic night met up with evil face to face.

Savannah.  Remember it.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@cherry @Deonnagrrl @2blonde @rubyrosedreamer   I wonder why her husband, ex or otherwise was not the prime suspect in this case like the many others? 

Ohhhh, that's right.

My mistake, or "my bad" is it????

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3  I have seen a few people in really bad states suffering from this. It runs in familys. so if her mother was very strange, this girl could have well been suffering from it

My sons best friend had a mother, aunt, and grandmother who all were bipolar. They were able to get help ,and most of the time were OK. But ,when they went off the rails it was terrible to see.

Regular Contributor

sounds like you are blaming the victim.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well then, I sure as heck hope all of her kids aren't going to be bipolar to. If you have a mental illness and are not being treated for it, it is probably not a good idea to be having kids since they need to be cared for by a stable, competent adult.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Cakers3  I have seen a few people in really bad states suffering from this. It runs in familys. so if her mother was very strange, this girl could have well been suffering from it

My sons best friend had a mother, aunt, and grandmother who all were bipolar. They were able to get help ,and most of the time were OK. But ,when they went off the rails it was terrible to see.

@cherry  Is her mother "very strange"?  I've read little about the mother.  And if her mother ISN'T very strange, why would you even say that?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I hope so @RetRN  while my sons friend didn't have it , his sister did ,and it was heartbreaking to see her. She has done well for a long time ,and has married and has a family. I hope it isn't passed to her kids

Honored Contributor

@cherry, I hope for the same.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

If it was indeed a few days after giving birth to twins, I am surprised she could even walk well, but to go to a bar and leave with three strange men, what was she thinking!  She didn't ask to be murdered, but she put herself in a dangerous situation even being at a bar alone.

I think I read she gave birth to the twins in December and came up missing in early Feb.  It sounded like from her Mother's account that it was her first night out from caring for her children for months even before the birth. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."