Esteemed Contributor

Re: Missing Mom, Savannah Spurlock's Remains Found; Arrests

@cherry wrote:

@Johnnyeager  hindsight is always 20/20. I doubt that many people ever think they will be the victim of crime. They just live their life. She may have done this all of her adult life

I am not a risk taking type of person, so it is something I would never have done.I am sure some  people have lived this way, and it worked out fine for them

She was 22.  She may have done this since she was...I don't know.  At 22 she has a 4-YO.  In addition to the others.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@rubyrosedreamer wrote:

GOLDENSRBEST, how dare you have the audacity to, in essence, blame the victim. No woman, child or man asks to be murdered or victimized in any way by the hands of another. The full blame lays with the perpetrators and their depraved behavior and lack of self control in most of these types of disappearances and abuse. Her life was ended by those who thought her to be unimportant and something to be used and thrown away. Viewpoints like yours are part of what’s wrong in this world. 

No ,when we live a lifestyle that puts us at risk , like going out to bars,and leaving with men , we are not being responsible.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rubyrosedreamer wrote:

GOLDENSRBEST, how dare you have the audacity to, in essence, blame the victim. No woman, child or man asks to be murdered or victimized in any way by the hands of another. The full blame lays with the perpetrators and their depraved behavior and lack of self control in most of these types of disappearances and abuse. Her life was ended by those who thought her to be unimportant and something to be used and thrown away. Viewpoints like yours are part of what’s wrong in this world. 

And if you, @rubyrosedreamer stepped off a curb into traffic because you were looking at your "device" instead of paying attention, you'd call a lawyer when you were hit.  You didn't ask to be hit.  You made a bad decision.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

She was a mom ,of 4 kids ,going out to bars ,and leaving with men ,is really just not what she should had done.

@goldensrbest 

But WHO was she? Is she someone famous?  

Why is the media latched on to this murder?

@sidsmom  Nonsense question.  Ask the media why this murder was reported.

Someone famous?  Are you saying only a famous person deserves media attention??

Savannah was important to those who loved her.

Three posts by you so far implying that this story didn't merit attention because she isn't famous.  Who she was matters to her family and close friends. 

You do not matter.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I'm trying to figure out how or why a woman who has given birth to twins a short time earlier has the ability to go to a bar in the first place. There is the physical issues. There is the fatigue of new borns plus 2 ADDITIOANL young children. There is the fact that boozing it up isn't good for the newborns if you're nursing. Who was watching all the other children? Who in her household thought it was a great idea for her to even do this?

I don't think common sense even entered the situation. Now, maybe she was drugged. It happens and it happens very often. I doubt she told these men she was a mom of 4 and just had twins. I think she was singled out at the bar as easy prey (perhaps she had already had a few drinks) and if it hadn't been her, it would have been someone else. 

I think the "catch" of this story for being picked up was she was a mother of 4 and she had just had twins. I didn't know she was white so her race wouldn't be, for me, why I remember this story. The having twins and thinking "what the HALE, lady?!" is what stuck with me.

Finally, yes we ARE responsible for our actions as well as using/having common sense,. At some point in society, it become everyone ELSE'S fault when something tragic happens. I'm as sympathetic as can be but the choices a person makes which sets them on the path to a dangerous situation DOES make me raise an eyebrow. YOU are in control until you give it up to someone else via YOUR choice. And that's that.

Respected Contributor

i think she was just overwhelmed after having twins and was probably having post partum depression and the twins' Dad and her ex boyfriend were caring for them. The twins were only a few weeks old.   Her two older kids were being cared for her mother. 

Honored Contributor

I do not understand why a young mother with 4 very young children would be hanging out at a bar and leaving with men she didn't know. She clearly was not thinking about her kids, they needed their mother and now they have no mother. So many young women are looking for love in all the wrong places. 

Honored Contributor

We really don't know anything about this poor woman. She might have have mental problems, and was just doing her best to get by, hanging on by a thead ,mentally/emotionally

What ever it was, she didn't deserve to be murdered

Esteemed Contributor

For some time now, there has been a huge search for a missing mother of five children in CT.  She and her ex-husband have had a very bad relationship for a couple years.  He certainly is a person of high interest in her disappearance, and there seems to be proof of his highly suspicious behavior and some blood evidence. She was a devoted mother.  They both were people of enormous wealth.

The authorities have searched and searched for her body, with no results.  He ex has hired a very expensive and cagey attorney, who has even suggested she has perhaps just abandoned her life and children and is still alive.

A terrible situation and proves no matter how responsibly one has led their life, with millions of dollars in assets, anything is possible.

Honored Contributor

Due to many things mentioned in this thread and because I didn't know all the details about the case, I started researching.

The most recent articles are about finding the remains and the arrest. I wanted to know about when she left and why (because it boggles my mind). Found an article from her home paper in KY from January.

Have to say, after reading it, there appears to be a big mess in her home life. Added to that her "friends" pulled her out to the bar and yet, her mom, her ex boyfriend (baby daddy) saw nothing wrong with it. I'm just.....WHAT?!  But there are so many WTF moments when reading the article I have to say.....I don't think this is the end of it AT ALL.  Too many questions. WAY too many questions. This story is definitely NOT over.