Respected Contributor

Re: Missing Mom, Savannah Spurlock's Remains Found; Arrests

So, it appears that her girlfriend that she came with, left without her because she was ready to go, but Samantha wanted to stay longer.  In my younger days, I've been in similar situations, but I would never let my girlfriend leave without me (or visa versa) unless we knew there was a responsible and well acquainted friend who was willing to provide the ride home.

I understand how much young girls want to go out and have fun.....I was like that once too.  What a shame she just didn't leave with her girlfriend when she was ready to go.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

So, it appears that her girlfriend that she came with, left without her because she was ready to go, but Samantha wanted to stay longer.  In my younger days, I've been in similar situations, but I would never let my girlfriend leave without me (or visa versa) unless we knew there was a responsible and well acquainted friend who was willing to provide the ride home.

I understand how much young girls want to go out and have fun.....I was like that once too.  What a shame she just didn't leave with her girlfriend when she was ready to go.

Me too and even my Mom when divorced with three young children at home with a responsible sitter.  But I lived by her rule always "you leave with who brung you." 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That isn't what the original (and a few other) articles have stated. She was with more than 1 girlfriend as well as a male friend when they hit the bars. She and one of the girl friends got into an argument and they ALL left her there.

Now, what was that fight about?

How did they expect her to get home since she had NO ride?

Why did ALL of them leave? Did NONE of them think of her well-being? (Obviously not).

She and her friends left her house at 10Pm. Stopped at male friends house, changed cars and then drove to bar. She was seen leaving the bar around 2 pm with 3 strange males. So the "friends" (and I use that term loosely) must have left  not so long after arriving. Does that make sense to anyone? It doesn't to me.

It makes you wonder, you know?

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Although another poster sort of threw in the red herring of bipolar and meds, I don't think it has been established that she was off any meds or had any kind of medical condition.  Just poor judgement.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

That reminds me of another case many yrs ago....same thing...out in NYC I think it was 2 girlfriends...one was wanting to end the evening and go home but the other refused.  Finally about 3 or 4am the one left and the other stayed at some bar and as it turned out the bartender or a bar employee ended up being the killer.  She was irnonically in school studing to be a forensic investigator.  I know I don't have all the stuff correct but it came back to mind from your post.

If ONLY....this or that....if ONLY....I don't blame her girlfriend at all....I was once out with a girl (1st time) and she drove and took me clear across town to a bar she could get us in (both under age at the time) and it was a scary horrible experience for me.  We were only 17....she was nothing like the person I knew in class....she actually KNEW this male group of dancers...Chip & Dales I think they were called.  She ran up on stage doing some wet t-shirt contest thing and lost and was upset.  I wanted to go home so badly....I was stunned at all the stuff she was doing.  Weird older men trying to talk to me and ask me to go outside with them!!! I stayed rooted to my seat....finally I was able to get ahold of her and get her in the car to go back home.  

I never EVER talked to her or went near her again....if I had a way to leave early that night that was from someone I knew I would have in a nano second.  Yep I made a stupid choice to go out with this classmate but we got home safe...I thank GOD for that but I never let anyone else DRIVE ME ANYWHERE after that.  I was the driver from then on and when I said we go....we go NOW.  And of course I dumped any friend that acted like that.

Respected Contributor

Re: heRe: Missing Mom, Savannah Spurlock's Remains Found; Arrests

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

It does kind of look like a hand in the crook of his armHeart in the second photo like we all do at one time or another walking with a man we feel comfortable with.  It could be a shadow.  "if determined" is a phrase to me that means unclear not factual @mom2four0418 so you are right anything at this point could have caused the death whether accidental, manslaughter, or murder.  But probably not a natural death.

It was another poster who said that other things could have caused her death. 

Sorry my eyes start getting crossed and sideways when so many nic's get involved in a post.

Spoiler

So do mine! Smiley Wink

Spoiler

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda 

My post was offered in a 'If that's true re: bipolar and meds....' scenario.

I suspect that we'll see many preliminary 'facts' change during the course of this case and trial.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite   Thank goodness you learned a valuable lesson that night, and that you weren't foolish enough to go outside with one of those men or let that girl leave without you.  At 17, or even older, I doubt there are any of us who can't look back and cringe at some of the dumb things we did.  I'm just thankful I made it through all of that OK.  My grandfather used to say, "You get old too soon and smart too late."  Now I'm smart, but old!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom  You were not the poster I had in mind with the comment about the red herring...just so you know. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@KingstonsMom  You were not the poster I had in mind with the comment about the red herring...just so you know. 

@esmerelda 

No worries!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.