Trusted Contributor

Re: 👀 Missing Autistic 6 yr old boy in North Carolina 👀

How very sad, Another heartbreaking story. 

Honored Contributor

My news feed says they found the body of the 6 year old.

My gut tells me this child did NOT run away, was NEVER in the camp (as per the park employee) and that Dad and his girlfriend are using the park as their cover for killing the boy earlier and then dumping his body.

At 9 months pregnant, I could STILL outrun my then 6 and 3 year olds. I don't believe the father at all.

Honored Contributor

Not surprised,.but sad .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Well, what a horrible end to the story this is.

Something's really hinky here.  The only way I can see the father, et al, could not keep up with a 6yr old is if he is morbidly obese and in a chair or something.

But I would think that any caring parent whose child is in peril would turn into Superman, in his ability to catch/find the child.  It's like the thing when you have to lift something that is WAY heavier than you can normally lift, to save somebody.   You just do it.

Honored Contributor

Is the area this little boy found ,the same area they were saying they were in?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest, The news report says he was found about 4 miles from where he was last seen. The father stated he is diabetic and has neuropathy, therefore he couldn’t catch up with his son. 

Esteemed Contributor

The news has said he was with another adult - well, if the father couldn't run, why didn't this other adult run after the child?

This whole story just doesn't pass the "smell" test for me.

Honored Contributor

The facts are yet to be determined.  The last I read wee Maddox was found partially submerged in the creek.

It's very easy to accuse the parents but I hope to all that is holy that those who were entrusted with this beautiful little boy were not  the reason he suffered mistrust in his last moments.

This is a terrible, terrible, tragedy.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Excerpt from an article posted on abcnews.go.com

A body believed to be missing boy Maddox Ritch was found on Thursday, days after the 6-year-old vanished in broad daylight in a North Carolina park, leaving the community "heartbroken," the local police chief said Thursday.

Maddox, who has autism and does not talk, was at Rankin Lake Park in Gastonia with his father, Ian Ritch, and another adult when he disappeared Saturday.

The body believed to be Maddox was found partially underwater in a creek Thursday about 1 mile from the park, officials said. His body was camouflaged and in an area that had been searched many times this week, officials said.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac, the truth will come out. As it stands, I don't see anything strange about the father's account. You obviously think someone intentionally did this. I hope not.