Honored Contributor

Re: 👀 Missing Autistic 6 yr old boy in North Carolina 👀

How can two adults not be able to jeep up with a 6 year old?   This is really, really strange.  

Honored Contributor

Strange, indeed.    

It's one thing if the adult looked away for a hot second and the little one disappeared.   I'm sure that's happened to many people and it must be the scariest thing.

But if the story is that they were walking together and the son started to run, there is no reason that the adult or adults could not keep up.   That just feels weird to me, too.

Honored Contributor

More from daddy....

"It's been torture. I'm not eating, not sleeping just worried about getting my little boy back," said Ian Ritch.

He hasn't seen his 6-year-old son Maddox since Saturday. That's when he and his girlfriend took Maddox — who has autism and does not speak — to a local park, where there is a track and a lake.

"A jogger passed by and as he was jogging past us. That's when Maddox started to jog out behind him," Ritch said. "We got so far, he took off from me, running ... and I tried to catch him. And I just never could catch up with him."

"He can run, he can run," Ritch added. "I couldn't keep up with him. Not that fast. Like I would run, slow down, start running again and I just could not catch up with him. He had gotten too far ahead of me."

Ritch later said that neuropathy in his feet caused by diabetes makes it difficult for him to run. 

"
I thought he might have got lost in the woods. After all this time, it's giving me doubts. It makes me wonder if somebody got him in the parking lot," Ritch said.

When asked if he did anything to harm Maddox, Ritch said, "No."

FBI agent Jason Kaplan said Maddox's parents are cooperating.

"We feel very confident that a lot of the information that they provided to us is accurate, and it's helped us a great deal in finding out the last place we saw Maddox," Kaplan said.

Ritch said he took two polygraph tests and passed, but the FBI wouldn't confirm that. Police specifically want to talk to the person who was seen wearing a camouflage hat and taking a silver kayak out of the lake at the time Maddox went missing, and the lake is still be drained."

The "girlfriend" has neuropathy in her feet too??? confused.gif  Per ABC national news, he has refused to name the girlfriend.

Full article--> cbsnews.com/news/maddox-ritch-father-ian-ritch-says-missing-6-year-old-son-with-autism-took-off-running-at-park/

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have a good feeling bout this.  If the father was with the child when he"took off running" I can't imagine that the 6 year old out ran the father and got lost. Would like to see the results of the poygraph test because I dont believe the father's story. This is so sad and I pray that this little child is found soon.

Esteemed Contributor

The father sounded "strange" - I'll bet the little boy never wandered off. They probably did something to him - prior.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't followed this case so I cant speak to the details of case.  But I can speak to. 6 year old out running an adult.  Yes, they can. My grandson could outrun Jim Thorpe at 4 years old.  On top of that he had many special tricks, like swerving, ducking.  It can happen. Add to that if the ground is rocky, slippery or uneven.  Kids are shorter, lighter, and not always cautious.  They can often glide over ground adults might find a little daunting.   Small kids sre agile , add to that if the child is motivated, and hyped up.  

Esteemed Contributor

The dad.

Respected Contributor

"We were walking on a track around the lake and he decided to take off from me. ... I didn’t think nothing of it and he got a little too far away from me," the dad told ABC News. "As soon as I got to the point where I couldn’t see him anymore, I started panicking. I couldn’t see him anywhere.

A jogger passed by and as he was jogging past us. That's when Maddox started to jog out behind him," Ritch said. "We got so far, he took off from me, running ... and I tried to catch him. And I just never could catch up with him."

"He can run, he can run," Ritch added. "I couldn't keep up with him. Not that fast. Like I would run, slow down, start running again and I just could not catch up with him. He had gotten too far ahead of me."

These 2 statements from the dad are kind of conflicting to me. The first one is from his 1st statement I’m guessing and the other one is a different statement. I don’t know. I hope they find him. ☹️

Honored Contributor

heartbreaking news.......it seems that they have found his body according to WBTV news.

With heavy hearts we announce a body believed to be 6-year-old Maddox Ritch was found at approximately 1 p.m. off of Marietta Street/Old Dallas Highway in Gastonia. Maddox’s parents have been notified of the discovery. The investigation is ongoing.

— FBI Charlotte (@FBICharlotte) September 27, 2018
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

I hate to say it but the chances of finding a 6 year alive after 48+ hours in a wooded area with water, are negligible.Smiley Sad

The only way a 6 year old gets away from 2 adults is if they are not paying attention or if they let him get away.

The father admits they didn't start running after him until he disappeared.