Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

At this point, no one cares about people in the community.  The only concern is that little girl who is missing.  Thinking about happened to that child is terrifying.

Get real, I wonder how you would feel if this was happening in your neighborhood. Of course, you always have all the answers.

Honored Contributor

Have authorities stated the public is not at risk? Usually they say that when they know what happened and just need to assemble their case. If I lived up north in WI, I'd be concerned this criminal might still be around because there are no assurances coming from law enforcement.

Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

At this point, no one cares about people in the community.  The only concern is that little girl who is missing.  Thinking about happened to that child is terrifying.

Get real, I wonder how you would feel if this was happening in your neighborhood. Of course, you always have all the answers.

Why do people limit compassion or empathy insisting it be denied to the secondary people affected by tragedy?  Its quite free to give wide and far.  It takes nothing away from this child or from any people impacted from the ramifications of a bad deed or other tragedy.  I've seen this occur in other conversations, it's odd -- like a fear there won't be enough attention for the girl if some thought is given to the community.  It's so irrational.

Esteemed Contributor

sadly things are not as they appear

my in instincts  not in her favor  

I don't want to be right

Respected Contributor

No matter what happened things are not in her favor. Her parents were murdered and she is missing.  That's about all we know for sure at this point.  It can appear to be a couple different things, but we just don’t know.  They did call for 100 more volunteers this afternoon. They must want to search the area better for some reason. 

Esteemed Contributor

When I first heard about this story I wondered if the girl had anything to do with this? And I thought maybe the girl had someone else do the killing. And if she did not have anything to do with this then seeing both her parents being killed OMG, what is this world coming to?

Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I agree of course the police are concerned about catching these people and bringing home the girl alive. What a strange remark to make.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I read the phone was her mothers, now we have a pregnant young lady that is a postal working missing ,in a different state.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

The 911 dispatcher's log from the morning that a 13-year-old girl went missing following her parents'  murders in Wisconsin has revealed grim details about the ordeal and how quickly she may have vanished. 

Denise Closs, 46, and her husband James Closs, 56, were shot and killed in their Barron, Wisconsin home on Monday in a double murder that has shocked the nation.  

Their teenage daughter Jayme Closs is believed to have been at home at the time of the call but was gone by the time officers arrived, which was less than 10 minutes later, the 911 call log showed, as reported by Fox News on Friday.

Her wounded father answered the door for police before dying from the gunshots, Fox News reported based on its interpretation of the log.

Jayme's been missing ever since, landing her the top spot on the FBI's kidnapped and missing persons list.

Jayme has been described as 5 feet tall, weighing 100 pounds, with green eyes and blonde or strawberry-blonde hair.

Family and investigators are clueless as to why the Wisconsin couple that worked at a turkey plant may have been targeted.

Denise called police moments before she was killed.

Cops arrived to the couple's Barron home minutes after receiving a cryptic 911 call at 12.53am on Monday from Denise's cell phone. 

It was a brief hangup call, which the dispatcher traced to Denise's phone and then sent three police officers to the Closs's home.

Cops arrived to the couple's Barron home minutes after a cryptic 911 call came in at 12.53am, logged by the dispatcher (the office of which is shown) at 12.56am on Monday

In that cryptic 911 call no one spoke to the dispatcher but a 'lot of yelling' and loud noises could be heard in the background.

The log entry from 12.56am reflected those details:

'RECEIVED A 911 CALL FROM XXX-XXX-XXXX AND COULD HEAR A LOT OF YELLING. CALLED NUMBER BACK AND WAS UNABLE TO LEAVE A VOICEMAIL. PHONE PINGED TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS. ADVISED 317, 325, & 329.'

At 1.03am, officers that had arrived on the scene advised dispatch that the call may have been a possible suicide attempt, which the log reflected at that time.

The log entry from 1.05am seemed to show officers on the scene were not yet aware of Denise's presence. It reads: '325 ADVISED ONE MALE DOWN, MULTIPLE ROUNDS SPENT. REQUESTED THAT ADMIN BE NOTIFIED.' 

James, who was wounded, may have answered the door when officers arrived, which had been kicked in, according to the log entry at 1.06am, which read: '...ADVISED THE DOOR HAS BEEN KICKED IN. ADVISED THAT THE MALE WHO IS DOWN HAD ANSWERED THE DOOR. UNKNOWN IF ANYONE IS MISSING.'

Both James and Denise were then reported unresponsive within minutes of the report that James was down, according the 1.11am log entry: '317 ADVISED TWO SUBJECTS DOWN.'  

Investigators believe that the killer came to the home with the specific intention of abducting Jayme, an FBI source said.

The log wasn't updated to reflect she had vanished until 3.57am, with an entry that read: 'ENTERED JLC AS A MISSING JUVENILE.' 

'There is a report that someone allegedly knocked on the door and as the father went to answer it gunfire erupted through the door. That has not been confirmed yet as it's an active investigation,' the FBI source said.

'The mother appeared to have barricaded herself in the bathroom and called police,' added the source. 

It now appears that the dispatcher may have been hearing Denise's panicked final moments as the killer stormed into the bathroom where she hiding.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6299073/A-lot-yelling-heard-grim-911-call-morning-13-year-o...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Where is this Child???  Estimated 2,000 volunteers out grid searching today.  My Heart Hurts.  Smiley Sad

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey