Esteemed Contributor

Re: Miss You Mom !!

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. My mom was my Rock! She is truly missed by us all and typing this post was just my way of remembering on this special day just how special she was to our family.  

@Goodie2shoes 

My older sisters were all married and in their own homes the last 10 years of my Mom's life. It was just the 2 of us living together those last years.

She had to retire 5 years before her death, not by choice, but because of her serious heart condition. She raised 4 of us by herself, so you can visualize how difficult it was for her to be told so many "don't do this, don't do that's".

Not being able to do these things? It took a mental and physical toll on her, and her health declined more rapidly. Fortunately by then she had molded me into the independent person I still am today. 

Her death 54 years ago turned my life into a personal mess for several years. Alcoholism and gambling were taking its toll on my life. It took me several years to work on fixing those specific issues. Since then I have been able to control these addictions, but as it's said: "1 day at a time".

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)