Honored Contributor

Re: Miss Universe is on tonight!

Can't remember the last time I watched beauty contests.

Honored Contributor

I tuned in for the first 15 minutes or so, enough to see that, as usual, they all look exactly alike. There were a few who looked different, but I knew they would not be picked. Trump has a type (and I don't believe he doesn't pick the winner) and it's his wife.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I tuned in in between commercial from the SAG Awards and I must say Miss Jamaica was absolutely gorgeous, very different in looks with her short style......

Honored Contributor

On 1/26/2015 JMFINLEY001 said:

I tuned in in between commercial from the SAG Awards and I must say Miss Jamaica was absolutely gorgeous, very different in looks with her short style......

I noticed her immediately. She stood out in the crowd, but I understand another South American won. I knew she didn't stand a chance . . . too different.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Ford1224 said:
On 1/26/2015 JMFINLEY001 said:

I noticed her immediately. She stood out in the crowd, but I understand another South American won. I knew she didn't stand a chance . . . too different.

Yep you are right, a certain type and look wins always!!!!!!

Super Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Ford1224 said:

I tuned in for the first 15 minutes or so, enough to see that, as usual, they all look exactly alike. There were a few who looked different, but I knew they would not be picked. Trump has a type (and I don't believe he doesn't pick the winner) and it's his wife.

I'm sure he does!

Respected Contributor

I have to say there were many beautiful girls there.....missed the end though. The winner was gorgeous....not sure how she answered her questions.

I also thought Miss Jamaica was stunning....loved the fact that she dared to look different.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished the pre-recoded version. Lovely girls, all of them. The international costumes were dramatic. The evening gowns were beautiful.

I liked Miss Jamaica, Miss USA (of course) and two or three others. It's the judges that vote and I don't know what personal criteria they bring to the table.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust