Trusted Contributor

a beautiful 26 year old Zozibini Tunzi from South Africa won the Miss Universe title 2019

Miss Universe 2019.jpg

Respected Contributor

I hadn't heard.  It's wonderful, she's gorgeous.  

Respected Contributor

@BlueFinch 

She is beautiful in a very natural way and very impressive.   Her answers to all of the questions, were fabulous and sounded like they came from her heart, not a script.  She seemed calm and confident and even relaxed on the stage in front of billions of people watching.   Truely, a wonderful choice.

Honored Contributor

Wow she is very pretty.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Lovely lady.

That said, you would think at this point in time these ridiculous "beauty contests" would be a thing of the past.

...walking across the stage in swimsuits and high heels????

I HATE the message that this sends to young girls.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Re: Miss Universe 2019

[ Edited ]

Very pretty, young woman.  Congratulations.  She is lucky because it is hard to compete against the women of South America.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Congratulations to her.  But pageants are stupid and degrading.

Respected Contributor

Re: Miss Universe 2019

[ Edited ]

@Mersha  @faeriemoon   @Daisy Sunflower 

I used to feel that way too but honesty, watching and listening to the beautiful and accomplished women last night changed my mind somewhat.  They all have done wonderful things and have way more to offer than their beauty.  Why not use all of their gifts and avenues to accomplish the things in life that they seek?

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Mersha  @faeriemoon   @Daisy Sunflower 

I used to feel that way too but honesty, watching and listening to the beautiful and accomplished women last night changed my mind somewhat.  They all have done wonderful things and have way more to offer than their beauty.  Why not use all of their gifts and avenues to accomplish the things in life that they seek?

Then why do they need beauty contests? They can be just as accomplished without having their conformation rated in a swimsuit like in a horse show. It's a relic of the olden days. More pointless these days than outrageous, in my opinion.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Wow! She's beautiful!

She reminds me of someone and I can't think who.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"