Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

Oh wow --- I was wrong.  D.C. won.

LOL, probably because it is an election year. Smiley Wink

How so? You don't believe she won on her own merits?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor
And she serves in the Army Reserves!
Respected Contributor

No, I watched a baseball game.  Pro baseball players use cursive to sign baseballs, autographs, etc.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Miss DC is beautiful. 

To me these pageants are great launching pad for other careers where "looks" are important. Imo...if you've got the look, why not? And If you don't have it and faked it, that's okay, too. Whatever it takes to get to where you want to be in life.Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I was watching my Cleveland Cavaliers get hammered.   But in between that mess, I flipped over just in time to see the interviews which was all I wanted to see because they are always so awful.

The only person IMO that actually answered the question was DC and right then and there I told DH I thought she should win.  Hawaii's question was so unfair it was horrendous and I started to yell before the crowd started to boo.  I did flip back just in time to hear the host say the judge's don't pick the questions.  That was ridiculous.

California was talking in circles and the one who got the question about voting was obviously clueless.  Her answer had nothing to do with the question asked.   

Respected Contributor

I was surprised at the final three!  And, I think Miss Hawaii should have won.  She was the most comfortable, confident, and classy!!

Trusted Contributor

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that the young lady in a red dress looked so much like Lisa Robertson.  She was just beautiful as many of them were.  I do not know which state she was from as I did not see the entire show and she was not in the final ten.  Wish the winner much success, seems like such a deserving young lady. 

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

The Backstreet Boys are performing later!

Well that shows how far Miss America has fallen...;lol   No major network wants it and they can't even get major talent.  They have to settle for a has-been boy band. 

Honored Contributor

I did notice that. she looked like a younger version of Lisa Robertson. She was very pretty, too bad she didn't go further.

Honored Contributor

@miata1 wrote:

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that the young lady in a red dress looked so much like Lisa Robertson.  She was just beautiful as many of them were.  I do not know which state she was from as I did not see the entire show and she was not in the final ten.  Wish the winner much success, seems like such a deserving young lady. 

I did notice that. She looked like a younger version of Lisa Robertson, she was very pretty. Too bad she did' go further.