Honored Contributor

Re: Miss USA 2019 commits suicide

I would think you have to be in a really different state of mind to jump off a balcony -- how very sad.  May she find peace now.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Ms Kryst published an essay last year for Marie Claire magazine. She said she had difficulties with turning 30.  all the lists of 30 under 30 and did she measure up? her  social media had some followoers posting puking emojis she says some accused her of having a "man" body, not worthy of Miss USA. she was a body builder with 6 pack abs, two advanced degrees, an MBA and a JD.  on her 29th birthday, alone, she walked around wearing her  Miss USA crown in her home wearing silk lingerie.

according to her own reports she was seeing a counselor. she had been hospitalized for 8 days - no reason given.

Its sad what social media can do to our best and brightest...

Honored Contributor

Words matter, words hurt, words can destroy

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

Such a horrible tragedy for a young intelligent beautiful woman. Her family will be devastated forever and the passersby on the ground will be haunted by what they witnessed.

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

Ms Kryst published an essay last year for Marie Claire magazine. She said she had difficulties with turning 30.  all the lists of 30 under 30 and did she measure up? her  social media had some followoers posting puking emojis she says some accused her of having a "man" body, not worthy of Miss USA. she was a body builder with 6 pack abs, two advanced degrees, an MBA and a JD.  on her 29th birthday, alone, she walked around wearing her  Miss USA crown in her home wearing silk lingerie.

according to her own reports she was seeing a counselor. she had been hospitalized for 8 days - no reason given.

Its sad what social media can do to our best and brightest...

This reminds me somewhat of what happened with Dr. Brandt (HSN).  

Imagine having a [grossly ignorant] caricature of yourself (Dr. Franff) portrayed on television

Not social media, but television--then the cwappy hits that follow on social media.

Don't care what anyone else thinks, that had to have hurt him deeply and ultimately he ended it all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Read a NY Post article this morning I thought was possibly more insightful. I found it to be interesting. Factual, that's up to you? 

hckynut 🏒

@hckynutjohn 

What did it say that you thought was interesting?

@Tinkrbl44 

Again, factual? I don't know!  She talked about how her turning 30 effected her mentally. She wrote that after her reign was over, she would be just another nobody, that accomplished a lot of their goals in life.

I did not know she was the oldest Miss USA at age 28, that was interesting to me. It was said many of the other contestants resented her winning at that older age. They also think the present max age for the title, which is 30, should be lowered by many years.

There was more I found interesting, especially what she wrote, supposedly, the day before her life ended. 

Factual? That is some what I found interesting. Need more, see if you can Google the NY Post. I get it daily for some unknown reason.

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

If this is investigated, and she was bullied on line, I hope they find these people, and prosecute them.  That's a form of a crime to me.  You see what resulted from someones actions.  What a waste of human potential. That's so sad.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

If this is investigated, and she was bullied on line, I hope they find these people, and prosecute them.  That's a form of a crime to me.  You see what resulted from someones actions.  What a waste of human potential. That's so sad.

@qualitygal 

I have heard some statistics about the number of suicides, by young people, being connected to social media. Don't remember the numbers, but it seems like it placed more emphasis on young girls.

That unfortunately is the very bad part of the technology of this era. People can say anything they want to, and about anyone, under complete anonymity. Bullies, if you will.

Right now the biggest social media companies live under a special Legal Shield called Section 230 that provides immunity from 3rd party content. In other words, they cannot be sued.

I know there have been special teams of law enforcement set up to catch online pedophiles, and I believe the same could be done with this bullying, but!! 

Nowadays that spectrum is so large you would need an army to track down social media bullies, and then have to prove what they said online, was the direct cause of the death.

Things we grew up with that went in 1 ear and out the other, now offend somebody. Even pronouns are under scrutiny looking at saying "he", when the person prefers "she".

I agree with what you say and believe it. I read an article yesterday about this and it is very sad. Having no human kids I can only speculate what I might do while raising them. Having them know who they are in life and to tune out what others say or write about them.

I was raised that way and have never varied much from practicing that my whole adult life, even going back to when I was a young freshman in high school.

Then I had to make a choice given me by a teacher. Admit to doing something I did not do, or being punished by having to stay for what was called "a 9th hour".

Since I did nothing wrong, there was no way I was going to write a paper saying I would never do it again. My mother even disagreed with my choice, mainly because I went to work right after school. This punishment was for 4 weeks.

hckynut🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Per PMNews website..........

"Late American beauty queen Cheslie Kryst, who jumped to her death from the 29th floor of her New York condominium apartment on Sunday, left her will.

Police probing her suicide at The Orion, the 60-floor apartment building on West 42nd Street, Manhattan said they found a note in her apartment.

In the note, she stated she wanted to leave everything to her mother, also a former pageant winner.

There was no explanation for her suicide in the note, reports."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is so hard when there so many unanswered questions.  The only note my brother left last Feb. was to his landlady.  He told her he was sorry for leaving the mess.  .357 magnum to his chest.  He did do it on the front deck instead of in the home.  Also, so he would be found sooner than later since he lived alone.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."