Valued Contributor

Re: Miss USA 2019 commits suicide

I watched CBS Morning today and both Gayle and Nate were talking about this.  They were both friends with Cheslie and were in total shock and had no idea that she was in pain and suffering.  Nate made a great comment, "Check on your strong friends, because you don't know when they may need help"  

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

An article said that Cheslie posted about being bullied and trolled on social media. She felt that she was worthless, and there was nothing left. From certain messages she had posted it sounded like she relied too much on other people's thoughts.

Also, her job wasn't fulfilling, and she felt that she was wasting time. I didn't know her, but got this from messages that she wrote. 

@teganslaw 

IMO, there are many, many instances that "social media" does more harm than good.  

My first thought after hearing about this was I hope they suspect foul play because, discounting mental health issues for a moment,  she seemed a rather "unlikely" candidate for suicide.   

In addition to the unbelievable loss, it will haunt people close to her that perhaps they could have helped her if they'd only noticed something wrong.  Very sad. 

Honored Contributor

I read about her suicide this morning and looked at her picture thinking how could a beautiful (in the true sense of the word) intelligent, accomplished woman like this commit suicide?  Next thought was, are they sure it was suicide?  Woman don't normally jump off buildings, do they?  She lived on the ninth floor but fell from the 29th floor.  In an old video clip she said she sometimes got depressed but that she made time for herself to decompress and did counseling.  She said it was working.

RIP beautiful lady.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Such a beautiful person, I was thrilled when she was crowned Miss North Carolina, and then to know she had gone on to become Miss USA.

So sad she didn’t know the powers for good she carried with her.

May she and her family find Peace.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Read a NY Post article this morning I thought was possibly more insightful. I found it to be interesting. Factual, that's up to you? 

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Maybe I've been watching too many real life crime shows (past, present)........Hoping LE is investigating.

RIP, beautiful person.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Read a NY Post article this morning I thought was possibly more insightful. I found it to be interesting. Factual, that's up to you? 

hckynut 🏒

@hckynutjohn 

What did it say that you thought was interesting?

Honored Contributor

I'm now wondering if she was taking meds for her depression..........I've been hearing, over and over again, that sometimes certain meds aren't 'right' for an individual. 

Or, when taken with other meds or alcohol, etc., might cause a person to do things that they otherwise wouldn't do.  They end up being 'too relaxed' about what's dangerous, etc.

Hoping they will thoroughly investigate.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

You're just reporting this? No feelings or comments????

THis is tragic! 

@PhillyGirl23   The OP is not obligated to post "feelings or comments".

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

This is just so tragic, it's hard to wrap my head around. I wonder too, if she was trying a new med and many antidepressants may increase the risk of suicidal thoughts especially if you're already feeling that way. My heart grieves for her family's loss and a life cut short like that.