Respected Contributor

“Miss America” commercial

[ Edited ]

I love the commercial that has Bert Parks singing “There she is...Miss America...” while showing a variety of women athletes in their glory exhibiting strength, grace, endurance  in sports from martial arts to gymnastics. It’s for D.ck’s Sporting Goods. It reminds me of the “Run like a girl” ad, which I also loved. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: “Miss America” ad

[ Edited ]

i LOVE that commercial....i have 2 teenaged granddaughters who have been playing sports since they were 8.....they have made so many awesome friends....best way to keep them out of trouble!!  and next month my oldest is going to college....was recruited to play softball.....so proud of her......

Respected Contributor

I'm also a big fan of the commercial.  It shows diversity and inclusion and the fact that girls kick *** in sports.

Contributor

Re: “Miss America” commercial

I too thought that commercial fabulous.  And, indeed, every athlete they showed is truly a Miss America.  Every time I see it, I cry.  I am so moved by it.  Thank you, ******'s Sports!

Esteemed Contributor

In 1990 something, my friends daughter  loved playing soccer as a child.  When she was in high school a few year later, she was spotted by a,scout during one of the games.  Long story short, she was recruited and got a scholarship or what it was called to Annapolis.  She became an officer, and numerous other titles.  Last year, she as an Astronaut,  was in line to be the first woman doing something in space. I had lost touch with her mom, so I didn,t know this until I saw her on the local AND NEWS

Point is, girls can go a long way in sports.

Valued Contributor

It's rare when a commercial makes me emotional .  This one makes me cry for what was, is and will be.  

Honored Contributor

I love it too

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

https://youtu.be/xXUtbJVzMEQ

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

I love that one and the commercial about the para Olympics swimmer's mother getting the call about the adoption stating her baby had to have bilateral amputations.....very moving & inspirational.   

Trusted Contributor

Oh, I love that too-find myself singing right outSmiley Happy