Respected Contributor

@beach-mom 

LOL, I'm sure I've misinterpreted lots, but just can't think of any off hand right now.  I'm glad you found something in their line you like.😃🌺

Respected Contributor

Re: Misreading Something

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom, I've pretty much always shied away from anything that's super popular.

To that point, years ago, one day after leaving the employee cafe, I snapped at no one in particular "I'm so sick of hearing about DOWNTOWN Abbey!"

A young coworker laughed & said "Not downtown! It's Downton!"

I felt like an idiot. 

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

Oh yes--more times than I care to admit to. Am trying to be better at reading the small print on everything now. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, it happens more now that I'm older and my vision isn't 20/20.  I realize how often I scan-read, so I've had double-takes when what I read didn't make sense, like reading "panty" for "pantry."

Valued Contributor
My mistakes are often with pronunciation. Right before a trip to New Orleans, I told DH we had to try “beg- NETS” and looked up where to get them. Fortunately the website showed the correct pronunciation before I went and ordered them! 😆

One other was when I stopped eating meat and wanted to try “FAL -a - fel. I was given the correct pronunciation by my coworker who was laughing hysterically. 😆😆😆