Honored Contributor

Re: Mispronunciation of gem names

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Well, did anybody buy any of these gemstones or did they just worry about the hosts' pronunciation?

When I shop, I look at the item and the price and then read the description.  I want all the details regarding carat weight, quality, etc. 

The host presenting the item live is an extra bonus.

There are so many places selling jewelry, and the knowledge base of many hosts and clerks is mainly at the basic level, so I never criticize what people know or do not know.  

The most important thing regarding a jewelry purchase is MY knowledge!

I think the seller, in this case BOTH the vendor and the host should have knowledge of the product and be able to bring us the details, we arent there to inspect the stone and need someone to provide important information, quality, carats etc.....Otherwise we'd go back to the days of Gems TV where they just had jewelry on a turntable going around and around and viewers made their purchases---wasn't very successful went bankrupt in 2010..(JTV still uses trays sometimes, but at least they talk about the items on their turntable)....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

As I've said on more than one post, get rid of the hosts and let the vendor present their product.

They can't.  They would have to advertise a rival gem stone company.  Some shows are not hour shows of one gem company

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:
Otherwise we'd go back to the days of Gems TV where they just had jewelry on a turntable going around and around and viewers made their purchases---wasn't very successful went bankrupt in 2010..

Well, QVC got stuck with some of Gems TV's hosts so maybe the turntable isn't long behind.