Esteemed Contributor

Re: Misdiagnosed and had surgery!!!

I am just curious as to how she found out, after three years, that it was a misdiagnosis?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@FlowerBear  Three letters: NHS. No second or third opinion available. Take a number and wait your turn.

Yep.  I hope I never have to depend on our own version of the NHS for my healthcare.

Honored Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@FlowerBear  Three letters: NHS. No second or third opinion available. Take a number and wait your turn.

Yep.  I hope I never have to depend on our own version of the NHS for my healthcare.

@Tyak   Are you on Medicare yet?

Respected Contributor

I am on Medicare with an additional supplemental policy. I've recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and do not doubt the diagnosis. I've been to the doctors of my own choice, had ultrasound, PET scan and MRI and have seen all results personally which have been explained in detail by my doctors. I have full confidence in my doctors. It's hard to understand how you get taken by a misdiagnosis - maybe by putting too much trust in one doc and not asking enough questions? And Medicare does allow for a second opinion.

Honored Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Tyak  Nope. False information. Second and third opinions ARE available should you choose to have them. 

Frequent Contributor

I would have gotten a second opinion too. This is awful.

Respected Contributor

On the flip side .. I wonder about the people that have something

and it is mis-diagnosed the other way ... Yikes ....

Respected Contributor

Or I should say not diagnosed ....

Honored Contributor

It happened in the UK but I'd still like to hear how such an awful and avoidable thing happened.  Of course there will be a financial settlement but money is just money, it won't help restore her body or lessen the trauma.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tyak wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Tyak @FlowerBear @PA Mom-mom

Yes, of course there are 2nd and 3rd opinions in the British National Health System.  Why would they want to do costly, extensive surgery at national cost, FOR NO REASON?

Please see post #16 up stream.

My Dad and cousins lived there for years.

We may hear soon just how much they miss the NHS.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras